If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
CURE International is a Christian health care network that operates charitable hospitals and programs in underserved countries worldwide where patients experience the life-changing message of God’s love for them, receiving surgical treatment regardless of gender, religion, or ethnicity.
CURE has an exceptional opportunity for an Anesthesiologist at its hospital in Kenya. This position represents a unique opportunity for a challenging and fulfilling career in improving the standard of health of a community. The Anesthesiologist will be responsible for providing hands-on anesthesia care to our patients, which adheres to the quality standards of CURE.
- Complete preoperative anesthesia evaluations and make recommendations for appropriate anesthesia interventions.
- Utilize appropriate monitors, equipment, supplies and medications in the set up for, and completion of, appropriate anesthesia interventions.
- Perform induction, maintenance & emergence of general anesthesia. Perform effective management of the patient airway and fluid resuscitation. Address and resolve any anesthesia-related complications that may arise.
- Perform various regional anesthesia techniques.
- Assess and implement pain management in the postoperative recovery period.
- Accurately and thoroughly chart pertinent patient information.
- Ensure the safety of patients during consultations, surgical interventions and in the postoperative environment.
- Ensure the maintenance of an accurate and adequate supply of medications and supplies.
Qualified Candidates For This Position Will Possess The Following
- Medical degree (MD or DO) from a qualified, recognized medical institution.
- Board certification, or board eligible, preferred.
- Current and unrestricted medical license.
- Two (2) years experience in a private or hospital practice.
- Experience in the developing world strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in one of the local language(s) may also be required depending on the location.
- Strong communication skills, especially with those of different cultures.
- Competency and proficiency in anesthetic procedures.
In addition, all candidates should be familiar with the Statement of Faith, and will be required to agree to perform the duties of the position in support of, and not in opposition to, this aspect of CURE International in order to be considered for this position.
Please click here to read our Statement of Faith.
This is a full-time, paid position that offers a modest salary with a comprehensive benefits package that may include health and life insurance, relocation assistance, retirement, housing, in-country transportation, and annual leave.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to CURE International career website on www.linkedin.com to apply