If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
ABA Rule Of Law Initiative is a non-profit organization that implements legal reform programs in roughly 40 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 400 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
ABA ROLI is recruiting for a Research & Learning Team Lead for an upcoming project anticipated through the USAID-funded Human Rights Support mechanism, entitled Expanding Access to Justice (EAJ). EAJ seeks to achieve the goal of improved access to justice and mechanisms that address grievances throughout Somalia and/or Somaliland through the following three objectives: (1) Enhanced quality and reach of legal aid services; (2) Increased capacity and sustainability of legal aid organizations which enable them to undertake actions on behalf of their clients; and (3) Improved public access to legal information through research, analysis and policy interventions.
Underpinning EAJ is an affirmative mandate to empower women and vulnerable groups at the community level to navigate the pluralistic legal context and provide realistic options, including individual rights‐based solutions and remedies, which over time will contribute towards greater peace and stability in Somalia.
- Designing and conducting original research to inform the design of programmatic activities and support adaptive program implementation in multicultural and international contexts;
- Responsible for all steps of the research process, from designing research proposals to developing detailed research methodology, designing sampling strategies, supervising data collection processes, conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis, writing reports, and presenting findings;
- Managing interdisciplinary and culturally diverse teams for applied research purposes;
- Working with monitoring and evaluation specialists on applied research
- Identifying, organizing and leading training and awareness raising events to build capacity within program staff and local partners to operationalize the use of political economy analysis within a program in order to adapt to changing contexts;
- Developing solid working relationships with senior government officials, local governments, academic institutions, non‐governmental institutions, and coordination with other donors;
- Minimum six (6) years of experience conducting research in fragile governance contexts in Sub‐Saharan Africa, or in politically sensitive environments;
- Experience leading full cycle research projects
- Experience working on applied research in collaboration with monitoring and evaluation specialists;
- Strong management skills, through previous leadership roles in international development, public policy, economic and social research;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse teams and senior governmental officials;
- Appropriate and relevant university degree; and
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to follow up with candidates who are selected for interviews. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and this position may be filled prior to the close date.
Method of Application
Please submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org