Wananchi is the leading business providing affordable entertainment and connectivity for the rapidly growing middle class in East Africa.
Position Reporting to: IT Manager
Manages Others: No
Job Purpose / Summary: Assist in the management of all day to day IT issues that include; LAN related activities, Office automation issues and Business application support for the Wananchi Group Staff.
- Responsible for IT hardware & software Inventory Management
- Primary contact for all internal IT support queries
- Preparation for daily , weekly and monthly IT helpdesk reports
- Responsible for receiving service requests via telephone, email, and ticketing system.
- Responsible for diagnosing and resolving internal customer incidents, escalating cases where necessary.
- Carry Hardware preventative maintenance and repairs
- Competent in offering internal customers in-office help, on site and through remote-access software.
- Ensuring user satisfaction with IT services through effective communication
- Train users on basic computer procedures and Ms office products
- The ideal candidate will have excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- The ability to communicate effectively and handle telephone calls proficiently is essential, as is experience of working in an administrative role.
- Able to deal confidently with a wide range of people in difficult circumstances.
- Ability to diagnose & solve problems in an efficient manner.
- Ability to demonstrate experience of effective communication with customers via a range of different channels.
- Attention to detail.
- Possess a confident & professional manner with strong interpersonal skills.
- Confidence to engage with staff on all levels, self-motivated & capable of working on own initiative as well as part of a small team.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Platforms.
- Good working knowledge of browser technologies.
- Degree in IT related field
- 1 year experience
- Can work under high pressure environment
- Be honest,flexible,committed and fast learner
- Integrity and personal organization planning skills
- Valid certificate of good conduct
Key Performance Indicators
- Response time to helpdesk tickets
- Ticket closure
- Submission of daily/weekly/monthly reports
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates to submit their application including a detailed CV and day time telephone contact to email@example.com on or before 21st February 2018.
The subject line IT Help-Desk Assistant
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and will offer competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note:Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.