If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Wananchi is the leading business providing affordable entertainment and connectivity for the rapidly growing middle class in East Africa.
Position Reporting to: IT Manager
Manages Others: No
Job Purpose / Summary: Assist in the management of all day to day IT issues that include; LAN related activities, Office automation issues and Business application support for the Wananchi Group Staff.
- Responsible for IT hardware & software Inventory Management
- Primary contact for all internal IT support queries
- Preparation for daily , weekly and monthly IT helpdesk reports
- Responsible for receiving service requests via telephone, email, and ticketing system.
- Responsible for diagnosing and resolving internal customer incidents, escalating cases where necessary.
- Carry Hardware preventative maintenance and repairs
- Competent in offering internal customers in-office help, on site and through remote-access software.
- Ensuring user satisfaction with IT services through effective communication
- Train users on basic computer procedures and Ms office products
- The ideal candidate will have excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- The ability to communicate effectively and handle telephone calls proficiently is essential, as is experience of working in an administrative role.
- Able to deal confidently with a wide range of people in difficult circumstances.
- Ability to diagnose & solve problems in an efficient manner.
- Ability to demonstrate experience of effective communication with customers via a range of different channels.
- Attention to detail.
- Possess a confident & professional manner with strong interpersonal skills.
- Confidence to engage with staff on all levels, self-motivated & capable of working on own initiative as well as part of a small team.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Platforms.
- Good working knowledge of browser technologies.
- Degree in IT related field
- 1 year experience
- Can work under high pressure environment
- Be honest,flexible,committed and fast learner
- Integrity and personal organization planning skills
- Valid certificate of good conduct
Key Performance Indicators
- Response time to helpdesk tickets
- Ticket closure
- Submission of daily/weekly/monthly reports
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates to submit their application including a detailed CV and day time telephone contact to email@example.com on or before 21st February 2018.
The subject line IT Help-Desk Assistant
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and will offer competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note:Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.