If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Cytonn Investments is an independent investments management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region.
Our investments are in real estate and private equity. Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion (USD 820 mn) of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, insurance, education, hospitality and technology. Our financial services investments in Sub Saharan Africa are made through our Cytonn Financial Services Fund (CFSF) through which we are the 6th largest shareholder in NIC Bank in Kenya. Investments in education and hospitality are made through Cytonn Education Services and Cytonn Hospitality, respectively.
Cytonn Education Services (CES), has the mandate to provide the education services component of our comprehensive master-planned developments such as day care centers for The Alma in Ruaka, Taraji Heights in Ruaka, and The Ridge in Ridgeways. CES also has the mandate to set up comprehensive education institutions for RiverRun Estates in Ruiru and Newtown in Athi River. As part of this mandate, CES is setting up a Technical College, under the brand name, Cytonn Technical College. The institution shall provide comprehensive, quality technical training up to diploma level, complimented with extracurricular activities. We are therefore looking to acquire and retain the best talent, to be part of this vision.
Reporting to the Head of Academic Affairs, the Student Guidance & Counseling Officer will be an advocate for students’ well-being, and a valuable resource for their educational advancement. The successful candidate will divide his or her time equally between administrative tasks and providing students with guidance and support. He or she must always be available to students who need help with school work, social stress or other issues that might emerge during the school year.
- To develop and implement an all-encompassing educational and counseling plan with modern methods of teaching and mentoring;
- To impart the core principles of impartiality, ethical behavior and teamwork among colleagues and students;
- To conduct group or individual sessions with the students to identify problems and provide solutions;
- To pay attention to cultural or societal differences in dealing with the students;
- To work with the school administration to improve learning conditions;
- To work as a mediator between the student and the college authorities whenever conflict arises, and to try to resolve it;
- To communicate regularly to lecturers, parents/guardians and administrators on behavioral and academic problems encountered by students;
- To review and prepare regular updates on the progress of students;
- Any other duties that may be allocated to you by your supervisors from time to time.
- Be a qualified and experienced teacher with a Bachelor’s Degree in Education;
- Be qualified to teach at college level, preferably in any of the courses on offer at CTC;
- Have experience in a recognized college, preferably as a student counsellor;
- Have experience in lecturing, teaching, counselling, conducting training, coaching and motivational speaking;
- Have experience in individual, group and family counselling and psychotherapy;
- Be a certified counselor, preferably accredited by the Kenya Counselling and Psychological Association;
- Be able to provide guidance and counselling on the following: Careers, professional ethics, trauma and bereavement, drug abuse and chemical dependency, among others;
- Should have outstanding supervisory, problem analysis and listening skills;
- Should demonstrate the ability to grow, support and develop young talents;
- Should have knowledge of current academics and curriculum areas relevant to technical institutions;
- Strong computer skills, including high level of proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word;
- Ability to probe for, analyze and synthesize information, as well as express ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to make quick yet sound decisions;
- Ability to work independently, problem-solve, and be persistent;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, self-driven attitude towards work, and commitment to the mission of the institutions;
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Cytonn Investments career website on careers.cytonn.com to apply