Fairview Hotel Nairobi is a member of the City Lodge Hotel group. Fairview Hotel combines comfort and style to suit both business and leisure travellers.Excellent access to Nairobi's CBD and the city's main airports.
Aim of the role: To assist the Executive Chef in all the Kitchen administrative duties.
- Ensure that all stocks are ordered to the correct quantities, quality and price.
- Ensure that information which is required to compile meaningful budgets is available at all times.
- Ensure that month end reports are prepared and submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the use of casual labour is kept to a minimum, in line with payroll to sales and authorised by the General Manager.
- Ensure that all expenses are within budget limits.
- As instructed you may be required to assist with the completion of SLA documents which are completed with service providers on a monthly basis / other as stipulated.
- All employee disciplinary matters must be reported to the Executive Chef.
- Coordinate and communicate any new and emerging information between Banqueting and the kitchen to ensure excellent guest experience.
- Ensure that all required stock takes are conducted in line with audit requirements
- Ensure that all equipment is used, stored and maintained in line with operating procedures.
- To ensure that all areas under your control satisfy the most stringent hygiene requirements and that staff who are injured receive correct treatment and/or are not allowed to work.
- Contribute to and support the “I’m Kind” programme.
- Ensure that Duty Rosters are prepared and published by the 23rd of each month, the Duty Roster folder on K-Drive updated, and a copy sent to the GM.
- Ensure the continued training and development of self and all staff.
- Ensure that all food, beverage and vending is presented in line with hygiene requirements and to the highest standard at all times.
- Ensure that every guest receives exceptional service at all times.
- Ensure that the Leadership Drivers are observed in line with the vision of Fairview Hotel Limited.
- Attends all training sessions as scheduled.
Replacement and Temporary Mission
- May be assigned to perform reliever duties when colleagues are off duty.
Basic Conditions and Benefits of Employment:
- These are in line with normal company policies and practices, specific details will be communicated to an applicant should he/she qualify to be interviewed.
Line of Reporting and Communication:
- Responsible To: Executive Chef
- Responsible For: Sous Chefs, Pastry Chefs, Commis Chefs and Demi Chefs, Butcher men,
- In Communication With: Housekeeper, Front Office Team and Banqueting.
- HACCP: Formal training in HACCP system will be an added advantage
- Level of Communication Skills: Must be in possession of good communication skills
- Level of Formal / Professional / Education & Training: A professional chef’s course. Secretarial course will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Please send a copy of your Curriculum Vitae and testimonials accompanied by a letter which sets out your interest in the post, and your suitability for it to:
Apply to: Human Resources
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date for Application: 16th March 2018