If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Kava is a financial services integrator for consumers and trade. We aim to demolish the barriers to financial inclusion by creating the ‘Uber’ of financial services for Africa’s underserved consumers and informal economy.
We are looking for someone with analytical, statistical and programming skills to collect, analyze and interpret vast amounts of conventional and alternative data to develop data-driven solutions to difficult decisioning challenges.
Reports to: Chief Accountant
Are you looking for a JOB?
One that is Orderly. Predictable. Safe. One with guaranteed outcomes, with set annual increments where you work strictly eight hours a day, five days a week, come rain or shine? If this is you, sorry, Kava is not for you. We don’t do safe and predictable.
If you are seeking an ADVENTURE. A Space ship ride, more like. If you believe life is too short to be spent playing safe, hiding and posing. If you thrive in chaos and uncertainty, building stuff from ground up, only from your imagination (not Google). If you like dancing with fear of the unknown, excited at the possibility that your success will likely change lots of lives – for good.
If this is you, then Kava is your kind of gig, and you’re our kind of guy. Apply now and let’s go disrupt something!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Payroll & Payroll-Statutories’ Management
- Staff Savings Management
- Staff Loans and recoveries Updates
- Branch Petty Cash management
- Internal policies & Regulatory compliance checks
- Complete general ledger operations
- Draw up monthly reports and prepare analysis of accounts as requested
- Account/bank reconciliations
- Review and process expense reports
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Provide accurate documentation and feedback on field activities as per Kava’s standards.
- Assist other departments when called upon
- Good working knowledge of all aspects of finance and accounting systems
- Excellent technical accounting and analytical skills
- Proven experience in preparation of accounts
- Excellent presentation skills – Ability to present complex information in a reasoned and logical way appropriate to a range of audiences
- Strong background in financial accounting. B.com/BA Diploma or Degree with specialization in Accounting
- CPA finalist
- At least Four (4) years proven accounting/financial experience
- Must have previous experience in a financial institution i.e. bank, Sacco, microfinance.
- Proper understanding of the financial industry, including regulatory
- Must have strong computer skills (Tech Savvy).
- Great team player
The following are key competencies required of the role:
- The candidate must exhibit the following professional competencies:
- Strong analytical thinking
- Focus on customer service
- Multi-tasking / Time Management: Ability to deliver in a high-pressure environment
- Attention to detail
- Teaming / Collaboration
- Focus on Goals / Result orientation
Method of Application
If you meet this qualifications and would like to join our team of professionals, kindly send your CV to email@example.com before the end of day on 14th March 2018.
Also indicate the job title as the subject of your email.