If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Talent Solutions Management - Our Client is a fast expanding organization with revenues that are growing by 25% annually. They currently employ approximately 2000 staff and they anticipate this number to increase by 25% annually over the next 3 to 5 years. Its employees are integral to the success of the business and are highly valued.
The company operates regionally in Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda with plans to continue their expansion in the region.
Function Department: ICT
Reports To: IT Manager
Direct Reports: None
Salary range: TBA
Main Purpose of the Job (Job Summary)
- Responsible for recommending, implementing, and monitoring technology related Networks & security procedures to secure the company’s Technology and Information Systems.
- Administer all WAN, LAN & security technologies and functions that include (but not limited to); firewalls, intrusion detection systems, authentication processes, content filtering systems, Anti-Virus, application interface security, incident response, infrastructure and applications security including vulnerability assessments, penetration testing and resolutions on all technical systems
- Identify and implement industry leading best practice for Network and Security management
- To manage the implementation of Networks & Security related tasks within existing & new projects.
- Recommend policies to secure and protect the infrastructure, investigating and mitigating any breaches. Implement Security policies, standards and procedures
- Administer all security technologies and functions that include (but not limited to); firewalls, intrusion detection systems, authentication processes, content filtering systems, application interface security, incident response, infrastructure and applications security including vulnerability assessments, penetration testing and resolutions on all technical systems.
- Provide regular reports on various key aspects of all assigned security & Network responsibilities
- Evaluate access controls and roles of system users with respect to network and systems security.
- Minimize and mitigate risks introduced by existing and new technologies, products and services;
- Administering operations of all LAN / WAN Network service according to company policies and procedures.
- Supporting, Configuration, Monitoring, Administration of WAN, LANs, Switches, Routers, internet Routers/WAN optimizers & Internet providers.
- To manage the implementation of Networks & Switching related tasks within existing & new projects.
- Enforce Network policies to secure and protect the infrastructure, investigating and mitigating any breaches.
- Ensure availability and reliability of the Internet & Network infrastructure, applications and connectivity within branches & regional MPLS.
- Provide regular reports on various key aspects of all assigned Network responsibilities
- Evaluate access controls of WIFI access / network devices (Switch/Routers) security.
- Supporting, Monitoring and Administration of IPT & Video conferencing infrastructure
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the head of department.
Key Deliverables for this position
- Deliver secure Network with measurable KPIs
- Underpin Network Security controls and processes
- Design, Administer, Deploy Network Security solution in line with emerging threats.
- Vendors for Networks & Security Services
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or other Computer related field from a recognized University
- Information Security Qualification: CCSP/CISSP/CISM/CISA/CEH
- Networking Competencies: MCSE, CCNA/CCNA security/ CCNP
- Experience in implementation Networks segmentation, MPLS, Firewalls & Voice solutions
- Knowledge of security policy standard development, secure infrastructure design & reviews
- Working knowledge and experience with virtualization, remote access and secure mobile technologies
- Leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to handle work pressure
- Commitment to timelines and quality work
- Good team player
- 2-3 years in experience networking security, hardware and system software.
Method of Application
If the above profile describes you, this could be the big opportunity you have been looking for.
Please send a CV and cover letter outlining your availability and salary expectations to email@example.com before 22nd March, 2018.