If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
At Sage, we energise the success of businesses and communities around the world through the imagination of our people and smart technology. Sage provides small and medium sized organisations with a range of easy-to-use, online and cloud business management software and services - from accounting and payroll, to enterprise resource planning, customer relationship management and payments. Our customers receive continuous advice and support through our global network of local experts to help them solve their business problems, giving them the confidence to achieve their business ambitions.
Sage is currently recruiting for a Project Manager to be based at out Nairobi Office. This role is responsible for managing a portfolio of multi-disciplined projects, with the objective of executing the successful project implementation of an Enterprise Management ERP solution in the cloud or on premise.
The Project Manager will need to understand customer project objectives and take ownership of contractual requirements defined in the Statement of Work. She or he will manage resources assigned to fulfil those requirements using the Sage implementation methodology, lead implementation planning, control project plan and overall execution. The project manager will develop positive relationships with all project stakeholders creating a high level of customer satisfaction, and help the customer realise expected benefits.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Management of the delivery schedule and budget to deliver to ensure project delivery is on time and in budget
- Management of third party and specialist resources assigned to the project
- Leads and manages project and resource schedules assigning and tracking tasks planned for the project team
- Project progress tracking
- Identifies, manages and mitigates the risks that may impact the project
- Complete project weekly status reports and steering committee presentations
- Communicates project activities including progress, budget, risks, issues to both client and Sage stake holders
- Champion and enforcer of the implementation methodology
- Assists with pre-sales project activities and including project estimation, contracts and presentation of project and methodologies to prospective customers
- Manages quality of the project deliverables
- Positive relationship management with client and key stakeholders
- Commercial awareness and excellent negotiation skills
Skills, know-how and experience:
- Experience of project managing ERP or other complex software implementations, particularly SAP, Sage, or Oracle.
- Strong MS Office skills including Microsoft project.
- Project Planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills with clearly demonstrated methodologies to keep project teams and stakeholders well informed.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- Ability to travel to client sites on a regular basis.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects leveraging a variety of development methodologies, including Scrum and Waterfall.
- Experience developing and maintaining a project plan and proactively leading cross-functional project teams.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Successful track record of meeting deadlines in a high pressure, fast paced environment while managing multiple projects.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Formalized project management training
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Any experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Business Process analysis/modelling
- Web-based applications
- Content Management Systems
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Sage career website on www.linkedin.com to apply