If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Kenyan nationals for the following position:
Reports to: Officer Community Empowerment-Marsabit
Direct Reports: None
Starting Monthly Salary of the Pay Grade Kes 32,698
Six (6) Months Fixed Term Renewable Contract subject to availability of funds and performance
Group Medical Cover
Group Life Assurance Cover
WIBA Plus/Personal Accident Cover
To support facilitation and coordination of community dialogues
- Support Community Facilitators (CFs) to facilitate dialogues at community level
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to CFs in facilitation of productive dialogues
- Support communities to develop community action plans and submission during County planning and budget processes
- Follow up the implementation of community action plans
- Coordinate dialogues at the community level to ensure that all identified community concerns are addressed
- Coordinate with Concern Programmes in implementation of specific programme activities through CCs and Base Circles
- Link communities to mapped stakeholders and County government, and support communities to organize stakeholders forums
- Conduct Community Conversations monitoring for quality assurance
- Provide relevant CC data including change stories for reporting and documentation of Community Conversations and Base Circle approaches.
Responding to Emergencies:
- Support communities to actively participate in assessment, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of emergency response interventions
- Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
Programme Participant Protection Policy
- Adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct.
Method of Application
Interested applicants, who meet the above requirements, should send their CV and Cover Letter only to email@example.com with the subject of the email as ‘Community Development Facilitator Marsabit’. The closing date for applications is Sunday, 25th March 2018.
Each application should include at least three referees who can validate technical expertise.
Telephone contacts must be submitted with the application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.