Irrigation Site Technician at Amazon Fronts
Posted on: 12 March, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View All Jobs at Amazon Fronts
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Amazon Fronts - Our client, an Agricultural Firm that handles organic fertilizer, soil amendment and soil oxygen supplement is seeking to recruit a Site irrigation technician who will be responsible for meeting and exceeding irrigation set objectives throughout Kenya.
- Plans, designs, and oversees construction of irrigation projects for transporting and distributing water to agricultural lands:
- Plans and designs irrigation fixtures and installation of fixtures to requirements and specifications.
- Directs through subordinate supervisors, construction of such irrigation systems as dams, canals, and ditches, according to type of soil, climatic characteristics, water supply, return flow, and other factors affecting irrigation requirements.
- Conducts research on problems of soil drainage and conservation, applying knowledge of civil engineering.
- Contributing to project preparation, including a variety of operational tasks, including but not limited to technical analyses, participation in the design and development of specific project components, defining project implementation arrangements, coordinating inputs into project documentation and processing as well as participating in loan negotiations;
- Participating in project supervision, including day to day monitoring and follow-up, field supervision, review of technical/procurement documents and work programs, assessing progress with meeting key project outcomes and indicators and contributing to supervision documentation;
- Participating in and supporting policy dialogue and advisory services and analytical and other knowledge activities in the irrigation/water resources sector;
- Conducting specific technical tasks, as a designated subject specialist in the field of irrigation & drainage and water resources management; and providing technical support to the task teams, as needed.
- The candidate will be expected to working independently with guidance on complex projects/issues from managers and more senior specialists
- Must have a Bachelor of Science degree in related field
- Strong organizational, research, and oral presentation skills
- Proven ability to work in a team and intercultural environment, with minimal supervision
- Hands-on and action-oriented approach
- Computer skills in MS Office products, analytical packages and project management tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Enthusiasm for, and commitment to development work
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates are advised to share their cv direct to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Amazon FrontsSimilar Jobs
- Senior Coffee Trader at Ecom Agroindustrial Corp Ltd
- Sales Representatives at Africa Plantation Capital Management Limited - 10 Positions
- Credit Development Officer at Amiran Kenya
- Trial Officer at Monsanto Company
- Director Of Credit at Tulaa
- Research Analyst at Gro Intelligence
- Harvest Data Assistant at Komaza Kenya