If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
CDL is a proactive Human Resource Management firm that has been in operation since 2003, providing a complete range of HR solutions . We pride ourselves in delivering the highest level of professionalism and expertise and continue to provide support for our extensive client base in Africa.
We provide a one-stop shop for all HR related queries and advocate for mandatory Human Resource practices while going the extra mile to proactively address workers needs in order to achieve optimum productivity.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for performing the tasks required to install, repair, modify, overhaul, diagnose, test, and maintain power plant mechanical equipment and systems
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the Company
- Observe and follow plant environmental and operational rules, procedures and guidelines.
- Strictly adhere to and enforce safety procedures as required by the company, Inc. and OSHA
- Responsible for welding and fabrication of pipe spools, flanges, fittings and structural items.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical failures as required to support plant operations.
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance tasks for sustained plant performance and assist with capital projects.
- Monitor operation and/or maintenance of plant systems.
- Maintain daily logs of failure reports of equipment and make them available.
- Good communication skills, must cooperate with his team members, team player
- Process work orders, assist in parts inventory and propose requisitioning of parts and supplies to Supervisor.
- Provide recommendations for improvement.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner, enter and exit vehicle without assistance, remain alert while driving for continuous period of time.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Perform environmental and general housekeeping duties.
- Attend monthly safety meeting.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Minimum of Mechanical Engineering Power option diploma from a recognized institution.
- At 2 years working experience in a busy engineering firm.
- Considerable knowledge of mechanical tools, equipment, materials and practices.
- Knowledge of theory and principles of mechanical engineering.
- Considerable knowledge of hazards and safety precaution of the mechanical trade.
- High level of confidentiality, initiative and the ability to work with minimal or no supervision.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work in a problem-solving environment.
- Ability to respond calmly and think clearly in emergency situations and quickly access all areas of the plant.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with a team, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Expertise and proficiency with basic Microsoft office computer software.
- Must be able to climb ladders, work off of elevated platforms, ladders and walkways.
- Protective equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties.
- Job requires sitting and/or standing for long periods of time with moderate bending, stooping, and kneeling.
Method of Application
Qualified Candidate to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 18.3.2018.
Only Qualified candidates will be contacted.