If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Africa International University is a private Chartered International Christian University with its main Campus located in Karen, Nairobi.
Our Mission is to educate Christ centred leaders for the transformation of God’s people and the world through innovative programs, research and community engagement.
We are seeking highly motivated professional to fill the following position:
Vacancy Code HRM023
This position will be reporting to the DVC (AFD) and the main responsibilities include, Coordinating the formulation of Human resource strategy and policy development in line with set business plans and objectives to ensure the University attracts, develops and retains the best talent in the industry and aligning them to the business strategy to deliver the mission and vision of the University, Coordinating facility maintenance and ensuring safety of the University’s infrastructure and assets including third party service, Ensuring smooth transport system, custodian of legal contracts and insurance services for the smooth operation of the University in line with policies, processes and procedures to achieve overall University strategy.
- Designing, developing and implementing effective human resources strategy, policies, processes and procedures in line with University objectives.
- Formulating and monitoring the implementation of the University services management strategy in line with overall strategy, policies, processes and procedures to achieve the institutions objectives and goals.
- Ensuring appropriate Christian behavior both internal and external in line with the institution’s Strategy.
- Ensuring alignment of HR Policies and procedures to the labour laws and other appropriate legislations
- Monitoring the University establishment, cost, productivity and advising remedial actions.
- Leading the reward and recognition policies, processes and their implementation
- Leading in developing a performance culture through elaborate policies, processes and procedures to achieve the University strategy
- Responsible for talent management in the department including coaching, mentoring, developing, motivating, training and evaluating staff to achieve highest levels of performance.
- Preparing, monitoring and reporting of the departmental budgetary allocations.
- Leading and managing the department communication.
- Managing and implementing change initiatives to achieve desired university plans and culture.
- Identifying, implementing and benchmarking best practices in Universities facilities management.
- Managing office space, staff housing and student accommodation to ensure availability and usability
- Ensuring availability and usability of classroom and office facilities including furniture and fixtures to achieve customer satisfaction
- Leading and managing the third party service delivery through Service Level Agreements (SLAs) including monitoring and providing periodic reports
- Ensuring University’s safe and healthy environment including waste management in line with set local and international environmental standards
- At least a Master’s degree in Administration or Human Resource Management or equivalent.
- Professional Qualifications such as a higher Diploma or postgraduate Diploma in Administration or Human Resource Management. Full member of IHRM practicing.
- Key Job Skills for the job include strategy formulation & implementation, Talent management, Performance enhancement, Interpersonal and communication skills, Conflict resolution, Stress management and counselling, Leadership & team skills, Analytical & Negotiation skills, Governance and compliance, proficiency in Information Technology use.
- Relevant experience of at least 10 years of productive experience in Administration and Human Resource Management in senior
management, preferably at university setting.
Method of Application
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring vacancy code is in the subject.
Attach a cover letter, detailed resume and duly filled job application form
Deadline for application is March 23rd, 2018, 5.00 p.m.
Academic and non-academic staff of AIU are required to be faithful to the evangelical faith and practice and to the Christian ethos and code of conduct of the University.