If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Dreamcatcher Productions Ltd is a film and audio-visual company based in Nairobi ,Kenya specialising in the production. We are registered agents with the Kenyan Department of Film Services (DFS) and recognized by the Kenya Film Commission. In 2010 Dreamcatcher Productions partnered in the co-production of the feature film "The Rugged Priest" and went on to win 7 of 10 nominated awards at the 2011 Kalasha Awards Festival, a yearly event aimed at acknowledging and rewarding Kenya’s finest industry practitioners.
The candidate will be responsible for the financial health of the company. He/she will be producing financial reports and developing strategies based on financial research. Guiding senior executives in making sound business decisions in the long and short term. Advising on investment, corporate financing and provide strategies that the company should take.
Finance Manager Duties:
- Monitoring the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions.
- Maintaining the financial health of the organization by ensuring a strong financial structure is maintained, actively source for corporate funding and maintain optimal liquidity.
- Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary. Ensure organisational compliance with tax, NSSF, NHIF, labour, licencing and laws related to the industry.
- Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement.
- Seek out methods for minimising financial risks to the company.
- Research and analyse financial reports and market trends.
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making.
- Review financial data and prepare monthly, annual reports and management reports as needed.
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders and financiers in formal meetings.
- Stay up to date with technological advances, international financial reporting standards and accounting software to be used for financial purposes.
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company.
Finance Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have the force of character sufficient to properly represent the organization’s interests with suppliers, clients, financiers and other stakeholders and be a person of high integrity as well as team player.
- A degree in finance, accounting, business management or economics; CPA or ACCA final qualification
- 5 years of experience in a finance or accounting role working in the service industry.
- Employee management skills.
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal. Public speaking skills will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of business principles and practices.
- Superior attention to detail, organisational, planning, research, analytical critical thinking skills and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced skills in standard bookkeeping/accounting software(s) with particular reference to QuickBooks.
- Advanced Microsoft Office software skills, especially Excel.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Dreamcatcher Productions Ltd career website on www.linkedin.com to apply