Feed the Children is an international non-profit organization that was founded in 1979 with headquarters in Oklahoma City, United States of America. In Kenya, Feed the Children was registered in 1993 under the Non-Governmental Organization Coordination Board Act. Feed the Children is a child focused organization whose bold vision is driven by Community based innovation of solutions in the fields of Food &Nutrition, Health &Water, Education and Livelihoods.
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Objective of the Role
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely financial record keeping as well as, detailed and accurate reconciliation of financial documents, including bank statements, inventory records, invoices and other reports. S/He will work closely with the other finance team in the implementation of prudent, effective and progressive financial, cost and management accounting and to maintain full confidentiality of specific records.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handling Bank Duties
- Receiving, receipting and banking of all cash donations.
- Delivery and collection of Bank correspondence.
- Raising payment vouchers and recording Cheque dispatch
- Record accounts payable and receivable
- Managing of office Petty cash
- Custodian of Petty Cash Float
- Processing Petty Cash Vouchers/Payments
- Preparing monthly Petty Cash Analysis spread sheets
- Responsible for Petty cash control account reconciliation
- Quick books Inventory Ledger and related support
- Accurate and timely posting of Inventory transactions into Quick Books system.
- Generating inventory consumption reports.
- Carrying out office Inventory physical counts and reconciliations.
- Reviewing documents to ensure accuracy and completeness before posting into QB:
- Vendors bill and Reconciliations
- Staff pay-slips dispatch
- Process invoices and follow up with vendors, suppliers and partners as needed
- Scanning documents for monthly reporting
- Filing Finance Department documents and Tax payment records
- Assist Other staff teams with Finance tasks as required i.e. during budgets and audits
- Plus any other finance office duties that may be assigned
- Minimum CPA II
- Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent will be an added advantage
- Excellent proficiency in QuickBooks, MS-Office suite
- At least 2 years working experience in a busy accounts department preferably in the NGO sector.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and hard working, with high ethical standards.
- Highly motivated, energetic, analytical, self-starter, able to work independently.
- Understanding of Child protection policies will be important.
Method of Application
If you meet the requirements mentioned above please send your application and detailed CV to HR-Kenya@feedthechildren.org by or not later than 19th March 2018.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Feed the Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to Child Protection