Cytonn Investments is an independent investments management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region.
Our investments are in real estate and private equity. Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion (USD 820 mn) of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, insurance, education, hospitality and technology.
Our financial services investments in Sub-Saharan Africa are made through our Cytonn Financial Services Fund (CFSF) through which we are the 6th largest shareholder in NIC Bank in Kenya. Investments in education and hospitality are made through Cytonn Education Services and Cytonn Hospitality, respectively.
Closing Date: March 28th, 2018
Directly reporting to the Risk and Compliance Associate, the analyst is responsible for developing and monitoring risk and compliance initiatives for Cytonn Investments group.
- Formulate and implement the Risk and Compliance framework and Policies;
- Support the risk management process through periodic independent reviews of the risk management practices and procedures.
- Effectively assess and measure all material risks in accordance with Cytonn’s adopted approaches;
- Ensure the effective management of Cytonn’s material risks through adequate process controls and ensuring adherence thereto as well as implementing specific action plans to manage the risk causal factors;
- Ensure that appropriate and/or adequate controls are in place at all times to effectively manage Cytonn’s risks to within acceptable risk appetite;
- Ensure the effective management of risk through the prudent allocation of risk capital that is consistent with the approved measurement approach;
- Develop robust key risk indicators to serve as early warning indicators of increased risk, with appropriate risk threshold levels to provide a sound platform for the effective monitoring of risk exposures;
- Ensure that all breaches and overdue remedial actions are within Cytonn’s risk tolerance levels. Inculcate the right risk culture across the firm by ensuring appropriate accountability for risks at first line of defence level through training, awareness, escalation and reporting;
- Support the Risk and Compliance Manager with the effective implementation of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework to be able to establish an effective risk-based system to identify, measure, monitor, control and report Cytonn-wide risks;
- Conduct awareness programmes on enterprise risk management;
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative business discipline (Finance, Economics etc) or engineering discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of second class upper honours
- A minimum of B+ in KCSE
- At least 1 year professional experience in risk management
- A professional qualification or certification in risk management is preferred
- Membership to a relevant professional body will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and other risk management system skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong numeracy, analytical, strategy and research skills
- Excellent planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to explain complex issues and present technical information clearly
- Capacity to work independently and cope with pressure and responsibility
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
- Strong control awareness
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Cytonn Investments career website on careers.cytonn.com to apply