Kenya Broadcasting Corporation is a State Corporation established under the KBC Act (Cap. 221) and operating under the Ministry of Information, Communication and Technology. The Corporation is committed to excellence in broadcast services to our audience, customers and the public. Its aim is to inform, educate and entertain the public through Radio services, Television services and other Digital Media platforms. The Corporation wishes to fill the following vacant position with a dynamic, self-driven and results-oriented professional to achieve its corporate objectives.
Do you have in-depth understanding of Radio Production and on air Presentation?
Do you possess the following?
- Minimum of Diploma in Radio journalism or media related course from a recognized institution
- Two (2) years experience in on -air radio presentation
- Radio Scripting and programme research skills
- Ability to conduct interviews
- Ability to create dynamic and original content
- Good grasp of current affairs and social trends
- Fluent in the Swahili language
- In-depth understanding of the Swahili Culture
- Mastery of journalistic ethics and media law
- A pleasant and inspiring personality
- Wide knowledge of popular music genres
- An interest in the generation and use of creative sounds such as sweepers, drops, effects and other on-air promotional properties
- Strong online and social media skills
- Basic skills in computer operations
- Exposure to radio packaging and on-air presentation software
If the answers to the above are in the affirmative, then you are the person we are looking for.