Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Head of Property Managementwill oversee overall property management operations. The ideal candidate is expected to provide strategic and inspirational leadership to staff under him/her.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Sourcing of properties to management
- Leading and supervising the team to achieve the annual budget
- Leading in the formulation and implementation of property management strategies
- Maintaining quality services of the property under management for sustenance
- Making decisions on lettings, lease administration and repairs
- Assigning duties to employees in the department and ensuring they meet set targets
- Monitoring and approving property reports for expenditure and revenue collection
- Approving invoices and requisitions for services delivered and ordered
- Identifying, implementing and benchmarking best practices in property management
- Preparing managed property budgets as well as the department’s annual budget
- Developing, training, motivating and evaluating departmental staff to achieve highest levels of performance
- Driving the organization’s culture and instilling our core values.
- Determining & coordinating departmental reporting and communication requirements
Key Skills, Knowledge & Attributes:
- A degree in Land Economics, Real Estate or equivalent from a recognized University
- At least 8 years progressive working experience in a busy Real Estate firm
- Member of the Institute of Surveyors of Kenya
- Licensed and practicing Estate Agent
- A team player, possessing good communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Have initiative & drive and should be able to work independently
- Mature person who is a team player with proven integrity
A competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered to the successful candidates.