If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Tala is a mobile technology and data science company that is working to deliver financial access, choice and control to underserved people around the world. Tala’s smartphone app instantly evaluates customers for credit using only the data on their devices and delivers customized loans in minutes.
Tala, formerly known as InVenture, is backed by IVP, Ribbit Capital, Lowercase Capital, Data Collective, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture and impact investors. In 2016, Fast Company ranked Tala, formerly known as InVenture, as one of its top 10 companies in Money, and Forbes named Tala as one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world.
Tala’s Kenya office is looking for a detail-oriented and dynamic accountant with experience working in a rapidly growing, hands-on, start-up environment. This position requires excellent communication skills, an ability to think critically and creatively, attention to detail and a team-oriented attitude. The responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Assist Controller with all aspects of Tala’s accounting department which includes, but is not limited to, the company's consolidated financial statements, general ledger, portfolio accounting, payroll, accounts payable, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, budgeting, tax compliance, and various special analyses or projects
- Maintain adequate and effective processes to improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Follow corporate policies and procedures such as invoice processing, cash management, and expense policies
- Manage internal practices, policies, and all accounting to ensure compliance within Kenya
- Implement or enhance processes to further streamline and enable more accurate and timely reporting
- Ensure accurate and timely production of all financial information
- Ad Hoc projects as they arise, we are a start-up after all!
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Related Field; CPA (K) required
- 5+ years experience in the accounting and finance sector
- Public accounting experience - Big 4 preferred
- Experience with Netsuite
- Experience in public accounting
- Experience working in consumer finance
- Experience working with IFRS reporting
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner
- Able to handle multiple tasks and maintain control and order over same
- Exceptional work ethic
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Tala (formerly InVenture) career website on boards.greenhouse.getrake.io to apply