If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
At Nutrition International, we believe nutrition is the difference between what could be and what never gets the chance. So, every day, we drive for better, faster ways to deliver the nutrition interventions we know work to those who need them most. If you are interested in being part of a team that is improving the lives of millions around the world, submit your application for the above position.
Overall Purpose/Broad Function:
In liaison with the Regional Director, Africa, and the Director of Advocacy and Communications HQ, the Regional Advocacy and Communications Manager will act as the coordinator and key touchpoint for advocacy and communications activities across the African continent. Leading the regional implementation of global advocacy and communications strategies, the regional manager will:
- Drive high-level political and policy change at the sub-national, national and regional level by promoting the importance of investing in nutrition, especially for women, adolescents and children.
- Lead regional communications and events, positioning Nutrition International a leading global nutrition organization, and nutrition as a key driver of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Collaborate with the Regional Resource Development and Strategic Partnerships Manager, Africa to ensure optimal external relations between Nutrition International in Africa and all its strategic donor partners at both existing and potential.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support country teams in the preparation and implementation of advocacy strategies and quantifiable annual work plans.
- Support the creation of high level political and policy briefs and supporting materials as well as the planning and implementation of advocacy efforts at regional and national level.
- Identify and build relationships with key stakeholder groups and individuals in the government, civil society and other development organization to build allies for nutrition and Nutrition International.
- Gather, analyze, use and validate data required to track, improve and report on country and regional advocacy efforts.
- Build Country Director’s capacity to design and integrate high-level advocacy into on-going and new programs.
- Support country teams in the preparation and implementation of communication strategies designed to increase visibility and highlight the impact of Nutrition International’s work.
- Provide regional leadership in developing a suite of corporate products for Africa, as well as in preparing, editing and submitting, among others: media materials, stories, web content, briefing notes, backgrounders, Q&As, and annual reports.
- Coordinate Nutrition International representation at key regional conferences and events as well as site visits for representatives from government, donors and Nutrition International global.
- Act as regional spokesperson, driving brand positioning in Africa while providing country-level support for reporting, storytelling and branding
- Support Regional Directors and Country Directors in internal and external communication, including coordinating or delivering training for country staff as required.
- Develop annual regional advocacy and communications plan as well as monitor implementation and deliver effectiveness reports.
- Develop and submit annual communications and advocacy budget forecasts and monthly budget updates.
- Collaborate closely with the Regional Resource Development and Strategic Partnerships Manager, Africa to ensure synergy in design and implementation of activities aimed at increasing awareness among potential donors.
- Participate as a member of the Africa Management Committee thereby contributing to NI’s regional strategy formulation and its implementation.
- Be an active member of Nutrition International’s global advocacy and communications team, bringing a strong regional perspective to our global planning and work.
- And any other duties that are required of the post as requested by the Supervisor
- Regional advocacy and communications staff and consultants.
- Education/Professional Designations/Experience:
- Master’s Degree in International Relations, International Development, Journalism, Communication or related field from reputable university or institution.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience at the state or national level working with electronic media or press.
- 3-5 years of experience providing high level advocacy and communication related services to the activities of an organization (leading NGO, bilateral or international organization) in at least one of the following fields – food and/or nutrition security and health.
- Excellent and proven networking, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong moderation and co-ordination skills and ability to facilitate outcome oriented meetings with diverse stakeholders
- Experience in managing web based systems.
- Fluency in English (reading, writing and oratory skills) is a pre-requisite.
- Fluency in French or other language will be an added advantage.
Willingness to travel within region and within host country for about 25% of the time. Average duration of the trips could be in the range of 2-7 days.
Other Specific Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge of structure and functions of Government and donor agencies.
- Familiarity with policy, and international/national development frameworks.
- Ability to conceptualize and write clearly to reflect the contents.
- Ability to think strategically and analytically, and work creatively
- Ability to communicate professionally and convincingly with counterparts at various levels of seniority
- Highly organized and able to plan, implement and report on initiatives.
- A result-oriented approach and ability to work with multiple programmes and partners.
- Ability to work independently (with minimal supervision) as well as part of a team.
- Proficiency using MS Office including word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Nutrition International career website on nutritionintl.bamboohr.com to apply