If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today we provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, mortgage insurance and other financial services to customers in more than 100 countries and jurisdictions. Our diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Purpose of the Role
Analyze, evaluate, and recommend feasible ways to develop, implement and monitor a total loss control program, concentrating on the reduction of frequency and severity of claims. Based on level of product knowledge, this position will perform reviews and offer technical guidance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide timely and value added services to clients via property engineering surveys and follow-up on property loss prevention recommendations
- Provide support to other regions by servicing clients with locations in Johannesburg and to be available to travel outside of the region if required
- Conduct property engineering surveys, re-surveys, prospect surveys, and other reviews for local clients, utilizing the AIG engineering reporting and guidelines
- Develop risk ratings (physical deficiencies and human element programs)
- Provide engineering support to other regions as required, generating income to support the position
- Monitor client property loss prevention recommendations, providing sound engineering consultation and support for loss prevention
- Develop risk ratings and perform MAS, MFL, PML, and NLE loss estimates and other technical studies
- Report on, substandard risks and large loss potentials
- Consult on complex and high limit business, through special reporting Provide training for clients, as well as technical training for local underwriters and other local office personnel
- Develop local relationships within the insurance industry and participate on local committees, representing AIG engineering
- Participate in central regional team activities
- Complete natural hazard assessments
- Advise and assist clients with compliance and regulatory issues pertaining to fire protection
- Complete administrative reporting in a timely manner, to include monthly time reports, expense reports, performance management documents, calendars, and other reporting as assigned.
Eng Degree or other Risk Management related qualification.
- Previous experience in Risk Management
- Previous experience in Loss Prevention Surveys for insurance / underwriting purposes. Auditing experience.
- Previous experience in assessing fire protection systems
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to American International Group, Inc. (AIG) career website on aig.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com to apply