If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The University of Maryland Baltimore Global Health Initiatives through its operating arm Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Kenya implements comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs to facilitate the Kenya Ministries of Medical Services and Public Health to control the spread of HIV and rapidly scale up HIV services, institute continuous quality improvement methods as well as the M & E infrastructure necessary to support these services. MGIC Kenya is seeking a suitably qualified person able to fill the position of Senior Technical Advisor.
The position will be based in the Kisii Office.
Reporting to the Program Director, the Senior Technical Advisor offers leadership in the implementation Program activities aimed at delivering high quality clinical care to the beneficiaries of the program. This will be achieved through providing oversight, technical assistance, and capacity building to the technical team and other health care workers based in supported health facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Technical support and oversight in the development of program annual work plans and program implementation strategies;
- Mentor and provide technical support to clinical teams with the goal of performance improvement in overall patient care.
- Provide high quality clinical patient care that includes leading clinical effectiveness efforts and ensuring implementation of recommended clinical protocols and national guidelines.
- Work closely with county and sub-county teams to coordinate and implement the county HIV strategy and work plans.
- Promote data demand and information use to support decision making at all levels.
- Represent organization at important Technical and Policy related meetings at, and National and county level, donor and other stake holder fora;
- Actively involved in the day to day decision making process for the organization;
- Bachelors' degree in Medicine & Surgery-MBChB and Masters in MMED or MPH.
- Over 5 years' experience in the area of HIV/AIDS.
- Four (4) years' work experience in a supervisory role.
- Registration with Medical practitioners and dentists board.
- Provide overall technical leadership of the grant Desired Skills
- Ability to work independently, under pressure while at the same time adhering to strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving skills.
- Innovative with a high degree of initiative
- Organizational skills
- Excellent Leadership & Presentation skills
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualifications, are requested to send their cover letter and resume indicating the position being applied for on the subject line of the email to MGIC_Recruitment@mgic.umaryland.edu by 30th April, 2018. Applicants are advised to include the position title "SENIOR TECHNICAL ADVISOR" as the subject. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.