If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
TransUnion offers businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Companies have us to improve the management of risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to improve credit management to achieve their financial goals. In communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams. Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this solid foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes a substantial new investment around the world, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas to expand our scope in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We are on an exciting journey and you can be part of it.
Group: Africa Information Security
Regional Reporting: Manager of Information Security in South Africa
Dynamic of the Role
As an Information Security Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting our Information Security function for CRB (East Africa). You will support local security technologies, represent Information Security on local projects and provide technical guidance and recommendations to local IT management and other stakeholders.
Transunion works with businesses and consumers to gather, analyze, and deliver critical information needed to build strong economies around the world. Protection of that information is critical our customers and business.
How you will contribute
- Act as a security advisor on CRB application development and technology deployment projects, maintaining a working knowledge of TransUnion’s Information Security Policy, standards and posture and, where needed, working with regional and global Information Security leads to provide guidance.
- Proactively monitor threat and vulnerability management tools for alerts or changes in TransUnion’s security disposition and respond to anomalous events accordingly. This includes assisting the Global Security Operations Center with local security investigations and coordinating with IT leaders and engineers as appropriate.
- Maintain and test the incident response process and ensure its integration with the Global Threat Management framework.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of current security deviations, open assessment and audit findings, vulnerabilities, and alignment to TU’s security posture.
- Work within the project and resource prioritization process to ensure that local security projects and efforts a represented, prioritized and executed.
- Assist in completing customer and data provider security questionnaires and facilitating onsite security audits, as necessary.
- Assist in planning, adoption and implementation of TransUnion’s security posture and solutions in CRB’s technology environments and platforms.
What you will bring
The position requires the following qualifications and background:
As an Engineer, you should have 4 – 6 years of hands-on information security experience, and a Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field. In addition, you should have expertise and experience in technical and professional areas.
- Experience with designing, developing and implementing security processes, controls and technologies
- Working experience with Vulnerability Management, IDS/IPS, and Incident Response
- Experience with performing system audits and security assessments, and in interfacing with external auditors
- Experience with reporting security metrics (dashboards, KPIs, KRIs)
- Ability to operate effectively within Windows and TCP/IP network
- Understanding of Web applications and Layer 7 network protocols
- Ability to operate independently as an information security advisor and, where necessary, a hands-on contributor on technology deployments and other projects
- Ability to work independently or as part of a dynamic team in a rapidly changing environment.
- Sound business judgment and excellent problem solving and influencing skills.
- Proficient organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Team worker; excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proactivity: takes the required actions without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Efficiency: ability to generate significant output with minimal waste and direct supervision
- Organization & Planning: plans, organizes, schedules and budgets in an efficient, product manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Intelligence: learns quickly. Demonstrates an ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Flexibility/adaptability: adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Enthusiasm: Exhibits a passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
- Work ethic: possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes overtime to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Listening skills: listens to other people’s ideas and seeks to understand other viewpoints.
- Openness to criticism and ideas: often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Communication: speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of communication.
- Teamwork: reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to TransUnion career website on transunion.taleo.net to apply