If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
JUMO combines technology with data to create progressive financial choices for anyone, anywhere. On the JUMO platform, a customer can configure a savings, or lending product by amount, term and payment method. We believe any individual should be able to leverage their data footprint and access financial services tailored to their needs. A blueprint for our mission does not exist and our growth trajectory is steep thus we look for exceptional people who will enhance our culture and who have the potential to have an impact now and in the future.
We are motivated by an ambitious purpose and inspired by the exceptional people that we work with and we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and will report to the Software Development Manager.
Help scale our platform to meet the needs of our rapidly growing offering as well as build high volume, reliable microservices while demonstrating technical leadership to more junior developers.
Our Tech Stack
- Languages: Python, Java script, Ruby, LUA
- UI: React, React Native
- Databases: MySQL, Postgres, DynamoDB
- Hosting: AWS, Docker Swarm
- Messaging: RabbitMQ
- Actively participate in and contribute to architectural and technical stack choices.
- Recommend and implement technical solutions in a phased approach to introduce new product constructs and microservices to our platform.
- Engage with Product Managers, Architects and business stakeholders to define platform requirements.
- Drive project planning and execution.
- Mentor engineers.
- Strong track record of leadership and initiative
- Excellent communications skills
- Engagement and drive to promote engineering as a craft
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements and designs
- Operate in a high performing team
- Able to deliver results in fast paced agile environment
- Bsc/Msc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related field preferred
- 8 + years of experience designing, developing and testing software
- Hands-on experience with the design and development of high volume, highly reliable services
- Basic understanding of financial and accounting concepts
Our mission has launched are you joining us?
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Jumo World career website on boards.greenhouse.io to apply