Kava is a financial services integrator for consumers and trade. We aim to demolish the barriers to financial inclusion by creating the ‘Uber’ of financial services for Africa’s underserved consumers and informal economy.
We are looking for someone with analytical, statistical and programming skills to collect, analyze and interpret vast amounts of conventional and alternative data to develop data-driven solutions to difficult decisioning challenges.
Purpose: To provide control and monitoring of branch financial accounting, providing head office oversight and assurance of the integrity of the branch financial statements and management of payroll. Scope: Financial reporting, payroll management,
- Branch Accounting
- Preside over the financial record keeping of the branches and analyze all the branches’ financial data.
- Provide support at the head office in the areas of costing, branch operations & control, and branch petty cash management.
- Produce timely and reliable branch management reports weekly, monthly and quarterly
- Develop and control a centralized branch accounting system to ensure that branches are effectively managed.
- Investigate variances against budgets and provide analysis of differences.
- Reconciliation of daily branches’ banking and charges
- Branch KYC/Receipts Docs Management
- Accurately maintaining the payroll accounts
- Ensuring payroll is processed in a timely manne
- r Handling all statutory filings arising from the payroll- PAYE, NSSF, and NHIF etc.
- Reconciling payroll account balances
- Maintenance and updating of the payroll system and records
- Liaising with staff and management on payroll related queries
- Staff Savings Management
- Staff Loans Updates
- Staff Recoveries Updates
Qualifications, Experience & Qualities
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in accounting or finance.
- CPA Finalist Strong analytical thinking
- Excellent in Multi-tasking / Time Management Excellent decision making skills
- Excellent technical knowledge of budgeting, cash management, financial statements and financial analysis processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Commerce, Accounting, or other related field.
Remuneration: The maximum salary for this position is Kes 60,000 Gross
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Kava career website on careers.kava.africa to apply