Mhasibu Savings and Credit Cooperative Society Limited (the Sacco) is a leading, fast growing Sacco whose Vision is “To be a Sacco of excellence among the best managed in the World” with an asset base of Kshs.3.8 billion, a loan book of Kshs.3.5 billion, and a membership of over 15,000 derived from the accountancy profession and other sectors.
Mhasibu Insurance Agency Ltd (MIAL) a subsidiary of Mhasibu Sacco Society Ltd is seeking to recruit a suitable self-driven, result oriented and highly qualified individual for the following position.
Overall purpose of the Job
To oversee all matters relating to the insurance activities of the Agency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Educate and enroll members into the insurance products.
- Modify, update, and process existing policies and claims to reflect any change in beneficiary, amount of coverage, or type of insurance and process new insurance policies.
- Processing claims for the insured.
- To manage the insured portfolio, risk assessment, underwriting, placement and claims among others.
- To enhance the growth of the Agency
- Review company records to determine amount of insurance in force on single risk or group of closely related risks.
- Obtain competitive quotations from prospective clients and place the policies with a reputable insurance company.
- Preparing necessary reports for the Management.
- Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Management.
Minimum academic and professional qualifications required
- At least a Bachelor's degree in a business related course
- A Degree in insurance courses will be an added advantage
- A diploma in insurance course i.e. AIIK or ACII
- A member of relevant professional body
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Strong Analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office suite of package
Method of Application
All applications, copies of certificates, relevant testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae, current salary and expected salary to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org