If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
Request for Proposal (RFP) on outsourcing payroll administration & management– Tegemeza Plus
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is a local not-for-profit organization working in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and other stakeholders to address existing and emerging public health needs in Kenya. CHS is implementing Tegemeza Plus project which is a is a five-year HIV prevention, care and treatment program funded by the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). This program primarily seeks to achieve HIV epidemic control by supporting various interventions across 87 public health facilities in Murang’a, Nyeri, Nyandarua and Laikipia Counties. Part of the interventions entail supporting the selected public health facilities with an estimated number of 566 staff of different cadres.
CHS seeks to solicit proposals from qualified payroll outsourcing firms for purposes of payroll administration and management to the estimated 288 staff working in selected public health facilities being supported under Tegemeza Plus project in Nyeri and Nyandarua Counties. Successful bidders are expected to offer the subject services with effect from 1st July, 2018.
Terms of Reference
- Payroll Processing
- Collect, consolidate and verify signed monthly timesheets for all the supported staff
- Prepare a monthly payroll based on the level of effort as detailed on the timesheets and submit it to CHS for approval. It should be accompanied with a payroll reconciliation statement comparing the current and prior month payroll outputs.
- Process the monthly payroll and disburse net salaries to the respective individual bank accounts for the supported staff by a date to be agreed upon
- Remit all the statutory deductions from the supported staff by the required statutory dates for each of the deduction. i.e PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, NITA, HELB, etc
- Send monthly pay slips and annual P9 forms to all supported staff by date to be agreed upon
- Separately prepare a schedule of gratuity payable to the supported staff and submit the report to CHS on a monthly basis for accrual purposes.
- Process and disburse the gratuity earned by the supported staff on an annual basis at a time to be agreed upon.
- Contractual and records retention
- Issue employee contracts to all the staff identified by CHS and the County as per the terms of the contract and maintain their individual files.
- At a minimum, each staff file should contain:
- Employment contract and renewals
- Anti-terrorism check details
- Performance appraisal results
- Copies of professional certificates, CV, PINs, NSSF, NHIF copies etc
- Leave records
- Unique correspondences such as on disciplinary grounds
- Separation documentation (resignation letters, exit interviews etc.)
- Maintain timesheets for all supported staff during the period of the contract
- Other responsibilities
- Orient and induct new staff on contractual related matters.
- Schedule and ensure timely performance appraisals for the supported staff are done by the CHS and County
- Maintain and act on performance appraisal documentation received from the County.
- Consider and make appropriate recommendations on all the disciplinary cases that may arise from time to time jointly with CHS and County representatives
- Carry out any other role as may be agreed upon with CHS from time to time.
- Proposal submission
- Bidders should submit both technical and cost proposals which will be evaluated separately. The technical proposal should outline the bidder’s understanding of the ToR and a proposed approach /structure to effectively carry out the services sought by CHS.
- The cost proposal should provide:
- A detailed costing of the proposal based on the bidders understanding of the scope, geography, and number of staff.
- Describe whether quoted cost is inclusive/exclusive of any applicable withholding taxes and VAT
- Highlight any other costs, if any associated with implementing this contract
The successful bidder will be awarded an initial one-year contract which is renewable at the sole discretion of CHS and subject to performance as well as availability of funds from the sponsoring funders. It’s the responsibility of the successful bidder to retain payroll records for a period not less than 5 years after contract end.
- Experience in payroll outsourcing preferably in an NGO setting with staff in the Counties
- A registered management firm by relevant regulatory bodies
- Business registration documents and KRA tax compliance certificate
Method of Application
Interested bidders should send their proposals to Procurement@chskenya.org by 20th April, 2018 with the subject “Outsourcing Payroll & HR Mgt - Tegemeza Plus”.