If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Gelian Hotel is elegantly designed with comfort, style and class. It is a hotel located in the Centre of Machakos town. The hotel has a panoramic view of the Machakos County and the surrounding beautiful mountain range. Gelian Hotel offers 90 rooms all decorated in an executive style.
Other facilities include: - 6 fully air conditioned conference/ meeting rooms which can accommodate between 20 up to 300 pax and ALL are equipped with free Wi-Fi. The hotel is looking for suitable candidates to fill up the following positions.
- Manages the sales efforts.
- Performing sales duties in order to achieve the set targets
- Implements the Hotel’s brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and focuses on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of the hotel’s’ sales objectives
- Leads the guest complaint recovery process to achieve 100% guest satisfaction prior to departure
Areas of Responsibilities
- Market research
- Sales missionary
- Hotel promotion campaigns
- Marketing and customer survey
- Sales and marketing strategies
- Hotel branding
- General /Technical Knowledge
- Smooth and organized running of sales department according to the Standards set by the management.
- Leads by personal example by following Company’s Mission / Vision & Guiding Principles.
- Complies with the Company’s Code of Conduct,
- Functions as the sales ambassadors for the hotel with bookings of 90 peak rooms and significant local catering, recreation and conference revenue.
- Evaluates the Hotel’s participation in the various sales channels (e.g., National and County Government, Corporates, Travel Agents, Family e.t.c.
- Develops strong working relationships to proactively position and market the Hotel.
- Manages the marketing budget to enable development of specific campaigns, promotions and collateral to drive revenue and meet the Hotel’s objectives.
- Develops and implements the Hotel’s strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer profile provides a return on investment to the hotel
- Provides customer intelligence in evaluating the market and economic trends that may lead to changes in sales strategy to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Researches competitor’s sales team strategies to identify ways to grow occupancy and increase market share
- Attends sales and marketing strategy meetings to provide input on weekly and overall sales strategy.
- Searches for new markets to enhance hotel’s revenue
- Perform other hotel-related duties as required.
- People management
- Establishes and maintains department organization, manning and productivity, ensuring a smooth operation based on forecasted occupancy.
- Recognize VIPs and provide special attention and recognition
- Stays updated with the developments of Market Trends Worldwide and make appropriate suggestions to the sales and marketing Manager
Work environment Creates a positive and highly motivated working environment that promotes and develops teamwork.
- Utilizes and develops communication tools and channels for the dissemination of information and workflow in all sections
- Builds teamwork and enhance the team’s commitment to their work and the hotel.
- Communicates effectively within the organization at all levels using the most appropriate communication method for the matter concerned.
- Customer loyalty
- Service Standards Maintains and enforces all quality, service standards and procedures for Sales and marketing team.
- Quality and consistency of all guest & staff safety programs and follow up.
- Overall divisional progress in areas of People, Profit and product.
- Monitors the personnel of these operations to ensure guest receive prompt, cordial attention and personal recognition.
- Guest History Ensures guest preferences are collected and actions upon in order to delight our guests.
- Operational processes and control
- Processes Constantly reviews the current procedures and practices to ensure they are simple for staff and guests.
- Internal controls Establishes standards, conducts spot checks on internal controls and ensures compliance.
- Equipment supplies Reviews and evaluates all Marketing equipment and supplies periodically to select appropriate products for purchase.
- Budget and forecast Analyzes monthly reports and reviews opportunities for improvement.
- Implements Up sell program at the Marketing and work as part of the Yield Management team to try and maximize revenue for the hotel.
Operating equipment operations Conducts inventory and studies opportunities to reduce losses and damages.
- Ensures consistent and accurate inventories are taken in accordance with Gelian Hotel policies and procedures and documentations are complied.
- Reports Prepares reviews and submits all reports in a timely manner.
- Inspection and Preventive Maintenance Program
- Inspection Conducts random check of guest service, facilities daily.
- Maintenance program Ensures that all preventive maintenance and general cleaning programs/ schedules are in place and executed accordingly.
- Health & Safety and Security
- Is familiar with Kenyan, OSHA, FTO, HACCP and other Company - Health & Safety Policies and ensure your areas promote and comply with them.
- Takes responsibility to rectify hazardous situations, reporting major areas of concern to the General Manager and/or designated department.
- Is familiar with property safety, first aid, fire and emergency procedures and actively enforce these in your area of responsibility.
- Ensures the highest level of safety and security by facilitating effective training programmes that delivers a high degree of awareness amongst staff.
- Ensures that the department key control procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Ensures that all chemicals are stored and used safely.
- Ensures that the environmental initiatives are adhered to in the workplace and participates in community activities and programs.
- Ensures the environmentally friendly disposal and recycling of garbage is carried out in a proper manner and dispose of under the guidelines set management, the County Council and the Kenyan Government
- Age, Sex, Health, Presentation, Speech, Height/Build
Fluent in written and spoken English and one other language.
At least diploma from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major;
- 2 years’ experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
- Commitment to professional values and integrity.
- Able to lead and motivate the team
- Has the ability to express persuasive practical solutions.
- Able to work flexible hours
- Displays initiative
Method of Application
Apply should send CV, Cover letter and copies of certificates indicating availability and current remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 31st May, 2018. 2018. not later than 31st May, 2018