Location: Kenya, Kisumu with some travel to the field as required
Duration & hours:Fixed period contract, full-time
The Kenya country office is currently recruiting Accounts and Administrative Assistant for the implementation of Farm Africa’s Kenya Market-led Aquaculture Programme (KMAP) Project to be based in Kisumu. The objective of this role is to ensure proper books of account are maintained in the project. Support the project in procurement, administrative, office management, Asset management at field office, logistics, IT and fleet management related roles.
DURATION & HOURS:
Fixed period contract, full-time
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To ensure proper books of account are maintained in the Farm Africa KMAP Project in Kisumu and to provide administrative supportto the project staff team.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To offer front office support, administrative and logistical coordination tasks
- To ensure compliance with the basic standards contained in the Farm Africa finance procedures manual.
- To maintain comprehensive and up-to-date project financial records.
- To ensure routine office arrangement and cleaning and
- To ensure safe custody of all Kisumu office assets.
- To ensure that all Staff Working Advances (SWA) taken by KMAP staff are accounted for within the stipulated period
- To ensure that all local purchases or services costing over Kshs. 20,000 are requested using an LPO. To ensure that three quotes are obtained for all purchases or services costing over Kshs. 40,000 and that there is a signed decision statement explaining the choice of supplier.
- To give feedback on any pertinent financial management issues to the Finance Manager in Nairobi.
- To ensure that proper accounting records are maintained at the project level.
- To send an accurate and complete set of monthly project accounts to Finance Manager latest by the 10th of the following month. Accounts and Administrative Assistant (KMAP)
- To handle incoming and outgoing project correspondence (letters, calls and faxes).
- To ensure the project office premises are clean and neat at all times.
- To prepare payment vouchers and other accounting documents.
To receive visitors to the office and direct them to the appropriate staff.
- To handle and ensure timely replenishment of office petty cash.
- In consultation with the administration officer in Nairobi, to ensure that office supplies (equipment and stationery) are promptly requisitioned and supplied.
- To assist in organising meetings, workshops and conferences
- To make travel and accommodation arrangements for project staff and visitors.
- To maintain an up-to-date asset register for the Kisumu office and convey any changes to the country office accountant on a monthly basis.
- To ensure all KMAP assets (furniture, equipment and vehicles) are insured, serviced and maintained and to report any defects promptly to the project coordinator.
- To maintain mileage and service records for office vehicles
- To maintain an up to date, neat and adequate filing system for all accounting and administration documents, ensuring easy and efficient access.
- Ensure that all office utilities are paid promptly and maintain a rapport with the suppliers and ensure there are no outstanding invoices pending
- Assist in the project’s budgeting process
- Education, qualifications & other knowledge
- Bachelors in Business administration – Finance option degree or related field
- Projects Management CPA (Part 2 Section 4)
- Certificate of good conduct
- At least 1 year experience in project / fund accounting
- At least 1 years’ experience in book keeping
- At least 1 years’ experience in procurement
Skills & abilities
- Computer literacy in MS-Office, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Familiarity with Quick books
- Office administration skills
- Accounts and Administrative Assistant (KMAP)