If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) enables people to make powerful connections--whether in business, education, philanthropy, or creativity. Cisco hardware, software, and service offerings are used to create the Internet solutions that make networks possible--providing easy access to information anywhere, at any time. Cisco was founded in 1984 by a small group of computer scientists from Stanford University. Since the company's inception, Cisco engineers have been leaders in the development of Internet Protocol (IP)-based networking technologies. Today, with more than 71,000 employees worldwide, this tradition of innovation continues with industry-leading products and solutions in the company's core development areas of routing and switching, as well as in advanced technologies such as home networking, IP telephony, optical networking, security, storage area networking, and wireless technology. In addition to its products, Cisco provides a broad range of service offerings, including technical support and advanced services.
The Systems Engineers at Cisco are customer-focused technical sales professionals who provide high level technical support and guidance to customers. He/she collaborates with the Account Team to recommend and develop appropriate customer solution offerings.
We enable our top enterprise customers to transform their business to next generation architectures including new technologies, cloud models and new services. We leverage our assets to solve our enterprise customer’s critical challenges. Do you want to help with this change? You can have the ability to manage market transitions in new architectures like Enterprise Networking including Digital Network Architecture, next generation Data Center, Security and Collaboration with innovative Service concepts included.
The ideal candidate is an experienced systems engineer looking to build out their career to the next level and help drive key deals in selected Financial account as well as being an advocate for the customer within Cisco and contribute to a Global Cisco team.
What You'll Do
- The Systems Engineer provides an architectural perspective across the Cisco product portfolio and can leverage his / her technical specialization for specific opportunities.
- Participate in the creation of an overall account plan
- Participate in the creation of a technical account plan
- Proactively generate leads through customer meetings, seminars, and education Qualify Opportunities
- Define customer business problem in a technical context
- Help plan for and move deals through the sales process by knowing how and when to engage the appropriate Cisco and partner tools and resources (such as CSE, SE, PSS, AS Engineers, etc.)
- Define solution options and articulate the benefits of a Cisco solution
- Research and demonstrate solution ROI
- Coordinate solution development, including leveraging replicable architectures and researching customized solutions
- Develop proof of concept, including presentation and documentation of test results
- Develop or oversee development of presentation materials
- Present technical components of Cisco solutions to customer Competencies & Behaviors Business Acumen
- Learn a broad-level of knowledge of the business economics and trends of the industries and vertical markets in which one's customers conduct business, and how Cisco solutions add financial and strategic value.
- Build relationships both within and outside of Cisco; establish credibility quickly through personal self-confidence
- Understand competitor offerings and provide input to the sales team on product positioning and differentiation.
- Handle post-sales escalation and resolve issues, by coordinating and working with all internal and external stakeholders.
Who You'll Work With
The Systems Engineer acts in an increasingly consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert, or trusted technical advisor, in his / her field by the account team and customer. All SEs engage customers face-to-face or via collaborative tools and technology such as WebEx, Telepresence, etc. As part of a Global account team it will be necessary to work cross-functionally with various members of the regional teams. This will ensure alignment with the global account strategy and consistent local implementation.
Who You Are
- Several years of related experience.
- Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required.
- Pre-Sales experience highly recommended.
- Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
- CCNP or CCDP Certification or higher preferred.
- Strong understanding of the customer business model and common financial pain points; ability to frame Cisco offerings in terms of business drivers
- Advanced understanding of Cisco vision and technology; articulate the vision from the customer perspective
- Understand customer business drivers and how to map these to a customer network platform
- Technical Acumen
- Understand networking industry trends, including new products and solutions
- Understand competitive product and solution landscape
- Advanced knowledge in Routing & Switching
- Advanced knowledge in Networking Platform Design
- Excellent technical consulting skills, including ability to define trade-offs, ask probing questions, and incorporate Cisco solutions into a broader technology environment
- Proactively share information about common replicable architectures that are most appropriate for assigned customers
- The technical specialist SE has an in depth knowledge of their specialization and adjacent technologies including product, technology, and competitive information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Write and speak English fluently.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Cisco career website on jobs.cisco.com to apply