If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel has played a leading role in Kenya's colorful history, and continues to be Nairobi's finest and best-known luxury hotel. The town and later the modern city of Nairobi grew up around Fairmont The Norfolk hotel, which boasts 165 guest rooms and suites, and still has its own private tropical gardens. The hotel is still the traditional starting point for safaris and the Lord Delamere Terrace is modern Nairobi's most famous meeting place, where drinks and light meals are served continuously from morning until midnight.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Support the General Manager in the overall management and strategic direction of the hotel, assuming the responsibilities of the Area General Manager in their absence
- Oversee the operations functions of the hotel, including but not limited to Food and Beverage and Rooms Division
- Lead and support all departments in the achievement of their financial and operational targets through establishment of a positive culture, clear expectations and policy & procedural implementation
- Assist in the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel's annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms and Food & Beverage are on time, on target and accurate
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls
- Actively involved in the recruitment process of leadership positions within the operating departments
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in a senior leadership role, within a similar hotel brand required
- Extensive Hotel operations experience required
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget planning and financial controls
- Computer literate in Microsoft Windows applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
The Director of Revenue is responsible for working with the Sales team to determine strategic goals and tactical efforts, which drive total revenue to the hotels. The Director of Revenue is then responsible for ensuring that inventory allocation and pricing parameters are positioned to support the overall revenue goals of the Fairmont Kenya Hotels. This role serves as the objective decisionmaker that ensures the best interest of profitability is served in the overall hotels as well as ensuring the integrity of rates and long-term customer investment.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the General Manager,Kenya, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring that inventory allocation and pricing parameters are positioned to support the overall revenue goals of the hotel.
- Maximizing net room revenue contribution through a thorough understanding of all booking channels and management of inventory and rate therein.
- Ongoing education of Reservations and Front Office ensuring revenue management concepts are understood
- Monitoring demand and recommend selling strategies.
- Conducting regular audits of PMS, CRS, GRC, GDS, ensuring accuracy of rates, package information and availability.
- Monitoring and executing rate strategies using inventory management tools [CRS, PMS, etc].
- Working with the Sales team to determine effective and engaging offers, which are then offered to the right customer in the right channel.
- Engaging and supports the hotels selling strategy in all distribution systems.
- Completes all rooms and revenue forecasting.
- Works with GDOSM and Sales Team members to encourage strategic selection of the right piece of business, using Fairmont guidelines.
- Tracking competitive set pricing and yield strategies, understanding the comp set’s reaction to changes in the marketplace.
- Preparing materials for the weekly Revenue Management Meetings and follows the Fairmont guidelines for meeting content.
- Preparing timely revenue summaries as required.
- Overseeing the input of contracted wholesale space for each season.
- Reviewing and providing feedback on commentaries for each market segment.
- Recording, maintaining and analyzing current, historical and statistical data
- Participating in the planning processes for the hotel budget, marketing and strategic plans.
- Providing leadership and guidance to the reservations team.
- Monitoring to ensure telephone sales techniques are employed in such a way as to support our selling strategies and driving customer loyalty.
- Ensuring a clean and safe working environment in accordance to the Health & Safety Procedures.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.