If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Around the globe, RTI’s work is helping foster stronger food systems, reduce malnutrition in all its forms, build resilience and engage the next generation of food security leaders.
RTI is currently partnering on nearly 30 projects in East Africa, including activities focused on private sector-driven agricultural growth in Rwanda and youth employment in Kenya.
To build on these efforts, RTI is currently seeking an Agricultural Productivity Specialist for the USAID-funded Feed the Future Kenya Crops and Dairy Market Systems (KCDMS).
The Agricultural Productivity Specialist is responsible for leading Priority Area 2, Diverse Agricultural and Improved Productivity.
He/She will manage the day-to-day activities with farmer organizations and private sector agricultural value chain actors.
He/She will lead and coordinate the implementation of all the project activities related to productivity with special focus on enhancing the market system to strengthen farmer access to improved inputs, effective extension, strengthening farm level service delivery including AI, animal health, and post-harvest handling, etc.
In addition, the specialist will oversee all nutrition, climate smart and environmental interventions which fall under the productivity component.
- Supervise a team of six full-time staff, as well as short-term technical assistance related to Priority Area 2 – Productivity.
- Assist the Chief of Party and Technical Director to ensure timely project implementation and technical reliability, monitor project activities, and ensure quality for all Productivity related interventions.
- Coordinate the development, implementation and reporting on detailed component management plans that includes implementation plans, deliverable tracking, etc., in assigned area of responsibility.
- Track and report biweekly, quarterly and annually on component programmatic achievements as required for project deliverable reporting. Produce technical and/or operational reports and updates for deliverable reporting and project success stories.
- Develop and lead project strategy for facilitating agricultural intensification and diversification, including implementation of a strategy for county partnerships and strengthening of existing public and private extension systems.
- Design and lead partnerships with the agricultural inputs sector that expands access to high quality technologies and information.
- Oversee project food safety, nutrition integration and behavior change strategies.
- Ensure environmental and PERSUAP compliance of all sub-partners and grantees. Support inclusion of environmentally friendly, and climate smart adaptation technologies and best practices in project extension and input support interventions.
- Oversee all grants related to Priority Area 2, ensuring catalytic investments that do not distort the market. Support the Grants team to ensure appropriate grantee identification, suitable grant deliverables and effective implementation and monitoring of all PIF grants related to productivity enhancement and nutrition.
- Work with the social inclusion team to ensure full integration of women, youth and vulnerable populations into production programs.
- Identify technical assistance needs and prepare SOWs as needed.
- Ensure that all monitoring, evaluation and learning systems are fully integrated into the productivity programs; report on M&E as required, and participate in all M&E programs.
- Master’s degree and 9 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7-10 years of experience implementing large, complex USG agricultural development and competitiveness projects.
- 5+ experience in partnership development, grants and subcontract development and management, impact monitoring, and USG regulatory compliance.
- 5+ years demonstrated managerial and supervisory experience, including excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to motivate staff to be accountable for program outcomes. Experience mentoring and building capacity of national staff.
- Proven organizational and presentation skills, budget and deliverables management, team-building and reporting, direct supervision of staff, building and supervising a diverse team of employees, quality evaluation of staff performance and deliverables, and contract management.
- Value chain facilitation experience, in an African context.
Method of Application
To apply, please email your CV/resume CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16 May 2018.
Applicants must include POSITION on the subject line.
Please do not attach copies of certificates.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note: RTI International does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V