If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Action Contre la Faim (Action Against Hunger) has been conducting humanitarian programs in Somalia Since May 1992. Currently, AAH is conducting its humanitarian activities in Somalia focused on treating and preventing malnutrition, increasing access to clean water and appropriate sanitation, strengthening the food-security and the livelihoods and thus boosting the resilience of communities in Somalia as well as emergency response via program bases in Somalia.
The Grant Manager (GM) will work under the supervision of Deputy Regional Director (DRD) and in close coordination with the Technical and Support Advisors at Nairobi office.
As an essential interface between the Pool Team and Missions, the DRD and the Pool Team and between Ops and other headquarters (HQ) departments, the GM will be responsible for ensuring:
- Efficient and timely support, monitoring and follow-up is provided to Missions, Pool Team and Technical Advisors on grants’ management;
- Manage external relations with Action Against Hunger International network and institutional donors on mission;
- Timely communication / information sharing within Pool Team, between HQ and Missions and between different HQ Departments;
- Archiving “operational” research and “capitalization” system is in place and maintained;
- Well-organized information management system is developed and current;
- Adequate contribution to pre-departure & returns of expats / consultants / media / other; and
- Additional ad-hoc responsibilities set by DRD and/or Director of Operations.
Key Activities In Your Role Include:
- Principal focal point between Missions and Pool Team on Grant’s management.
- Support Program and mission management.
- Ensure timely communication and information management.
- Conduct operational research and capitalization.
Working Conditions, Travel and Environment
- The duties of the job require regular job attendance at least five days per week. Must be available to work outside normal office hours or on the weekends as required by contact with the missions, mission security, or other obligations.
- Must be able to travel as required for standard domestic and international business travel as well as to the missions if appropriate. While visiting the field, the employee may be exposed to precarious settings under high security risks and/or very basic living conditions and outside weather conditions, as well is to infectious diseases.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods and to concentrate on work, including typing, and turn out heavy volumes of work accurately, within short time frames under stressful situations in the context of a moderately noisy office with many interruptions. Must be able to proofread own work accurately so that only minor corrections are needed on an infrequent basis.
- To travel to the field, the employee must attest to a level of physical fitness capable of enduring physically difficult, highly stressful situations which may include the necessity to walk long distances, to eat a limited diet and/or to reside in potentially uncomfortable housing or tents.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DOES THIS DESCRIPTION FIT YOU?
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of experience as a humanitarian generalist or similar experience.
- Previous experience with an international NGO advantageous.
- Fluent written and spoken English is required.
- Ability to work cooperatively with subordinates, colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (high proficiency in Excel); comfortable working with computers with minimal IT support.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment, respect and enforce deadlines, take initiative, and prioritize multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- You have strong organizational skills and are extremely detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must. Experience communicating in different cultural work environments preferred.
- A Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a flexible and supportive member of a team.
Method of Application
Interested applicants may click the link below to submit their applications. Application deadline May 17th, 2018.
Interested and qualified? Go to Action Against Hunger International career website on action-against-hunger.workable.com to apply