Fleet Management Officer at Tender Care Junior Academy
Posted on: 15 May, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Education / Teaching / Information
View All Jobs at Tender Care Junior Academy
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Tender Care Junior Academy is a leading school in Kenya located in Komarock, Nairobi. We offer quality education for young children in Pre-school and Primary level. We are looking to grow our team of professionals. We would be excited to meet talented and all round competent teaching professionals to join us.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure that all vehicles are in excellent operating condition, properly assigned and that drivers carry out basic maintenance such as checking oil and fuel levels, battery water levels, tire pressure, transmission, and that the vehicles are clean, neat and has proper accessories such as spare tire, jack, fire extinguisher, triangles, first aid kit and tool kit.
- Vehicle usage control by tracking and reporting on vehicle movements and positions regularly on daily basis.
- Monitor all vehicle movements to ensure that no vehicle leaves the compound without proper authorization or work allocation.
- Ensure that vehicles are road worthy and that all accidents, repairs and defects are reported and attended to
- Prepare regular reports on vehicle mileage, fuel consumption, break downs, repairs and maintenance in accordance with the company standards.
- This includes data entry on the fleet management system and generation of reports from the system.
- Maintain all fleet related records and documents (Vehicle insurance, vehicle fuel logs, vehicle inspection reports, and all other fleet documents).
- Monitoring vehicles and drivers performance and identifying opportunities for optimization Ensure that drivers are well trained in all types and kinds of fleet/vehicles and undergo periodic health check-ups and eye tests.
- Analyze trip requests and note patterns and requirements to ensure that the fleet is adequate and responding to all customer needs.
- Ensure that all documentation concerning the vehicle is current such as registration, insurance policy, license plates and log books.
- Manage the drivers and transport assistants to ensure effective and optimal service is offered to our customers.
- Ensure all transport staff have the required documentation for work; valid driving licenses, PSV and Class A licenses.
- Effectively handle all leave, training, performance and disciplinary needs of the transport staff to achieve a highly effective customer oriented team.
- Maintain individual files on each vehicle, documenting all repairs and operating costs, including gas and oil consumption and breakdowns.
- Ensure that safety measures are up-to–date and that all personnel are properly dressed and complying with procedures relevant to the operation.
Key Results Areas
The accountability areas are as follows;
- Clear and detailed reporting Proper documentation
- Effective route management Increased customer satisfaction levels
- Compliance with traffic rules and school policies
- Preventive maintenance
Knowledge and Skills Required
- A Bachelors degree/diploma in logistics or fleet management
- Professional course in logistics or fleet management will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in fleet management in a busy organization
- A valid certificate of Good conduct and valid driving license BCE, with class A and PSV
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and long hours
Method of Application
Please make your application through firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Tender Care Junior AcademySimilar Jobs
- Lecturers at INtel College
- Teachers at Kiota School
- Consultant at National Industrial Training Authority (NITA)
- ICT Manager at KCA University
- Ecde Teacher at St Bakhita Kindergarten
- Job Vacancies at Midas International Boys High School (Midas Group of Schools)
- Teachers at Cornerstone Preparatory Academy
- Teachers at Aga Khan Education Service, Kenya (AKESK)