About the Role
Human Resource function needs 1 Operations Manager to assist in the building of efficient HR systems and processes to improve the customer experience. Human Resource department in Andela is referred to as the People Department
- Create a comprehensive people operations procedures and protocols to influence lasting change and culture in Andela.
- Build efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations. Anticipate and address needs before they are raised by our employees.
- Drive the identification, assessment and execution of ongoing process and improvement opportunities in terms of P&C Analytics, Policies, SOC II compliance, P&C Workflow etc.
- Partner with the Engineering team and other key constituents to translate the current people operations team’s requirements into cutting-edge product enhancements or entirely new applications.
- Drive operational requirements for tools, systems, and processes across multiple integrated P&C processes.
- Architect, develop and automate data and analytics solutions. Build and prototype dashboards iteratively to provide insights at scale.
- Manipulate and analyze large data sets to distill insights, and connect disparate ideas into cohesive, well-grounded recommendations using creative, structured and analytical thinking.
- Create effective, scalable, and easy to understand reporting solutions. Provide insightful data to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions.
- Drive key People Programs such as implementing our values, performance management and feedback, and employee engagement programs.
- Help conceive of and plan events (office events, off-sites). Initiate programs that help our culture continue to thrive.
- Employee Relations: You will be a trusted resource to the team. You’ll handle day to day employee inquiries as well as ad hoc, sensitive matters with the utmost discretion and fairness
People Policies, Procedures and Process:
- Implement operational policies, which are consistent with good practices, and conform to the Kenya Statutory requirements and Labour Laws
- Participate in organizational policy review process and making recommendations as appropriate
- Promote equity, transparency and consistency in the interpretation, determination, implementation, and administration of HR policy, procedures and guidelines on all HR related matters applicable to the staff,
- Tracking, enforcing and ensuring adherence of the policies and procedures
- Manage Human Resources Information System to ensure accurate and timely availability of information and management reports
- Proficient in using a HRIS & Overseeing Payroll administration.
- Maintaining a database of potential employees
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Partner with the HR Administration and Payroll teams to ensure end to end completion of document processing i.e. document generation, employee files, payroll etc. that are generated throughout the employee life cycle
- Successfully manage progress and track key HR Operations department milestones, deliverables and metrics
- Provide useful and accurate staff data for job evaluation process and reward models
- Assist with the development and implementation of performance review processes for all staff
- To liaise with company lawyers on all legal issues relating to staff
- To manage exits & separation process
- To develop & review Employee Relations policies in line with best practice & legal requirement
- To report on turnover analysis, disciplinary cases analysis & other employee relations trends
- To facilitate building of managerial capacity of management staff on employee relations and coaching of managers to handle disciplinary issues.
- To manage disciplinary/grievances as per policy, labor & government regulations
- To communicate recommendations on disciplinary action to be taken
- To facilitate building of managerial capacity of management staff on employee relations in conjunction with L & D
Data and Compliance (Reporting):
- Gather relevant data from the various functions to support the HR metrics; analyse data, perform trend analyses and report HR performance on a monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual basis
- Develop human resources solutions by collecting, analyzing information and recommending courses of action.
Organize and coordinate staff welfare activities including periodic teambuilding events
HR Operations Proficiency
- Experience/knowledge of the latest, most prominent continuous improvement tools and methodologies
- Exceptional ability to harness the power of analytics to make effective decisions
- Keen ability to proactively address potential process issues
- Experience/knowledge of the latest HRIS capabilities and functions, and practical applications within the organization
- Deeply understands the user perceptions and end-use efficacy of HR information systems
- Adroitly communicates complex HRIS information in simple, usable terms
- Keen ability to coach and mentor others, particularly in other parts of HR and other functions entirely, about issues salient to HR
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the plane
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.