If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Kenafric Industries Limited is one of the largest manufacturers of Confectionery, Food, Footwear, and Stationery products in Kenya. Kenafric employs over 1500 people directly and touches the lives of more than 7500 people indirectly. The vision of the founders and relentless hard work over 25 years has given Kenafric a unique platform to grow tremendously in the African markets.
Main Purpose of this Position: To survey customer preferences, collect and analyze statistical data in order to support management decisions on products.
Key Deliverables for this Position
- Monitoring and forecasting market trends
- Conducting consumer and market research to establish strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Implementing the departmental strategy in line with the Quality Assurance and product development strategy, policies, processes and procedures to achieve the organization’s objectives.
- Conduct qualitative or quantitative surveys, undertaking ethnographic research (observing people in their homes and other environments); and monitor the progress of research projects
- Monitor and forecast marketing and sales trends & perform valid and reliable market research SWOT analysis
- Collect data on consumers, competitors and market place and consolidate information into actionable items, reports and presentations
- Understand business objectives and design surveys to discover prospective customers’ preferences and ensure necessary data is captured
- Devise and evaluate methods for collecting data, such as surveys, questionnaires, and opinion polls to gather data about consumers, competitors, and market conditions
- Evaluate program methodology and key data to ensure that data on the releases are accurate and the angle of the release is correct
- Analyze data using statistical software; convert complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs, and written reports to identify consumer patterns & recommend solutions needed
- Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation.
- Manage and co-ordinate any projects requiring external research
- Implementing best practices in research & respective areas of work.
- Implementing product quality, customer & Service Excellence and Change initiatives to achieve desired business plans and culture.
Financial Resources / Other key Resources / Assets
Direct Reports: N/A
Job / Functional Skills
- Planning & Organization Skills.
- Interviewing Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Problem solving skills
- Reporting & Presentation Skills.
- Communication Skills
- IT skills
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Customer Centric
- Continuous Improvement
Relevant internship experience
Method of Application
If you are up to the challenge, and, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your application letter and CV quoting the job title on the email subject (GRADUATE TRAINEE- MARKET RESEARCH) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 19th May, 2018.