If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The African Agricultural Technology Foundation (AATF) is a not-for-profit organization designed to facilitate and promote access and delivery of appropriate proprietary agricultural technologies for use by resource-poor smallholder farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa. Based in Nairobi, but working across the continent, AAFT fosters its mission through public/private partnerships to reach its target farmers. The Foundation is a one-stop-shop that provides expertise and know-how that facilitates the identification, access, development, delivery and utilization of proprietary agricultural technologies.
The foundation seeks to recruit a suitably qualified Regional Project Advocacy Officer, to be based in Nairobi, to help in coordination and implementation of the TELA project’s outreach and advocacy activities for a period of 3 years, renewable depending on performance and availability of funds. Under the supervision of the Senior Manager- Communications and Partnerships, the Regional Project Advocacy Officer will support creation of an enabling environment for approval and commercial release of TELA maize varieties in the project countries. This position will require a fair amount of travel across those countries.
Summary of key responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an effective outreach and policy advocacy strategy to support submission, approval and commercial release of TELA maize products
- Manage in-country TELA Maize project advocacy officers and consultants
- Develop a network of implementation partners and collaborators to enhance outreach
- Create public awareness and support of TELA maize products in the project countries through media, advocacy materials, policy briefs, booklets and reports; and other innovative channels
- Support M&E efforts through clear documentation, database management and timely reporting
- The ideal candidate should possess a Master’s degree in Communications, biosciences or any other relevant discipline from a recognized university.
- At least Five (5) years’ experience in biotechnology advocacy and or partnership project management/leadership/coordination in a science-related field; experience in social media campaign, and good understanding of the SSA agricultural biotechnology socio-political and policy environments.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- A working knowledge of a 2nd language – French/Portuguese would be an added advantage.
- He/she should have proven leadership skills cutting across various cultures, gender, age, and race, with the ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to African Agricultural Technology Foundation (AATF) career website on aatf-africa.org to apply