If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. The company started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing company that builds and manages payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout Africa. Interswitch has demonstrated consistent, strong and profitable growth since the business was founded. This strong growth has enabled Interswitch to expand into more sectors and country markets than any other payments company in Africa
We are looking for a qualified Front-end developer/UX Analyst to join our team. You will be responsible for designing & building our web and mobile applications. You should be able to translate our company and customer needs into functional and appealing interactive applications.
We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional with a keen eye for design, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design.
Ultimately, you should be able to create a functional and attractive digital environment for our company, ensuring great user experiences.
- Define audience needs and translate those into concepts for compelling interactions and user experience.
- Plan user research activities such as participant recruiting and scheduling, materials production, and other logistics; translate research findings into actionable, prioritized recommendations.
- Use markup languages like HTML to create user-friendly web pages and mobile-based features; maintain and improve website and optimize applications for maximum speed.
- Collaborate with back-end developers to improve usability and help with coding and troubleshooting.
- Build solutions for, users and customers and write functional requirement documents and guides
- Create quality sketches, mockups, prototypes and ensure high quality graphic standards and consistency with the Interswitch brand.
- Facilitate design, concept, and prototype sessions; develop an effective and efficient prototyping/storyboard process to communicate user experience visions to stakeholders.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Proven work experience as a Front-end developer/UI-UX Analyst.
- Hands on experience with markup languages, responsive and adaptive design and REST API implementation
- React navigation framework
- Understanding of stack-, Tab-, Drawer Navigator
- In-app routing
- Asynchronous function handling
- Understanding of Redux principle (Dynamic app state updating)
- Basic understanding of nom module handling (node)
- Component based app development (creating reusable code)
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Experience with React Native
- Experience with animation in React Native
- Knowledge of Intractable Library from Wix for React Native
- Native experience for either iOS or Android or both
- UI/UX experience
- Familiarity with software like Adobe Suite, Photoshop, Marvel, Sketch, Proto, Flinto and Content Management Systems like Drupal and WordPress.
- Understanding of layout aesthetics and setting up of icon fonts
- Experience with Vector icon generation
- Knowledge of SEO principles
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- Self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends
- Development tools
- Visual Studio Code (IDE for React Native)
- Xcode (required for iOS builds)
- Android studio (not as development tool, only for SDK management and final store builds)
- Chrome (live debugging from simulator to device)
- Postman (testing API call
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline; degrees from Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant fields would be an added advantage.
Any relevant professional qualification
Minimum of Two (2) years
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Interswitch career website on www.linkedin.com to apply