If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making safe sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves 3 critical steps: we build a dense network of high-quality sanitation facilities — Fresh Life Toilets — franchised to residents in the community.
We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. Finally, we convert the waste into valuable agricultural inputs, which we sell to Kenyan farmers.
Job Statement: We are looking for a highly motivated Procurement Assistant who will be responsible for coordinating the pick-up of goods, creation and maintenance of vendor and customer relationships.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Planning and performing weekly pick-up of goods; ensuring both right quality and right quantity
- Coordinating with relevant internal stakeholders during pick-ups i.e. Finance, Fleet, Procurement Partners and Warehouse
- Creating and maintaining contact with vendors and customers to ensure timely delivery of goods
- Assisting Procurement Partners in conducting regular vendor performance reviews to enhance primary, secondary and tertiary vendor database and quality
- Supporting in the sourcing/quotations of stock and non-stock items
- Promptly responding to enquiries from internal customers
- Maintaining communication with Warehouse staff to ensure proper working order
- Coordinating deliveries for repaired or returned items
- Liaising with the warehouse team to ensure that the warehouse has sufficient space for incoming deliveries
- Conducting safety procedures for outbound shipment vehicle
- Reconciliation of purchase orders and work orders in a timely manner
- Tracking delivery dates for all stock items received, both pickup and deliveries
- Performing any other task as may be assigned by the supervisor
Key Result Areas
- Quality – Ensure quality of goods as per required standards and specifications
- Quantity-Ensure quantity of goods as per required customer specifications
- Timeliness-Timeliness of delivery of goods and other deliverables
Skills and qualifications required
- Post-Secondary qualification in Procurement or related course
- Certified Driver
- Good interpersonal skills, effective communicator, attentive to details, strong problem solving and interpretation skills
- Flexible and adaptable, ability to perform task without repeated instructions, demonstrate sound work ethics
- Competence in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrable experience in handling multiple customer demands
Method of Application
Submit your cover letter and resume detailing a portfolio of your experience and expertise to to hr@sanergy
Application deadline is 22nd June 2018