If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
World Vision is a humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Purpose of the Position:
To support well-coordinated and targeted resource acquisition and donor/stakeholder engagement efforts based on WVK – L&R areas of priority. This assignment focuses on contributing to development of fundraising strategy, setting priorities, goals and budgets, researching and identifying potential donors and communicating with current donors, writing proposals, making presentations to donors and stakeholders and maintaining donor data base.
The incumbent should deliver resource growth through:-
- Building and delivering joint donor acquisition and engagement plans as part of activities supported by the Livelihoods and Resiliency Unit (Food Security, Economic Development, Environment & Climate Change)
- Design and deliver specific activities to recruit new donors;
- Design and deliver communication plans to engage and uplift existing donors
- Write concept/proposal for Food Security, Economic Development, Environment & Climate Change;
- Working with the L&R Operations team ensure timely and effective reporting to donors;To effectively deliver this role, the incumbent will need to possess knowledge and experience with different donor guidelines and regulations to including but not limited to USAID, AUSAID, DFID, EU, UNDP, UNEP, FAO , World Bank, , COMESA and any other donors related to livelihoods and resiliency sectors.
- In order to successfully do so, the Senior Programme Officer must be able to effectively communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that serves as an example to others.
- Lead fundraising for the L&R sector 50%
- Fundraising targets for Livelihoods and Resiliency Unit set and reviewed annually in line with National office strategic priorities;
- Ensure that Concepts and proposals are written as per Donor/ Support Office guidelines and timelines (donor regulations compliance);
- Coordinate the technical inputs into the concepts and proposals;
- Concepts/proposals done in line with donor guidelines and fit into the Government ministries’ guidelines;
- Feedback mechanisms coordinated with donors;
- Fundraising data base in place to track achievement of targets;
- Coordinated contractual processes with donors, SOs or other stakeholders;
- Research new and innovative projects and ideas that will be developed further into concepts and proposals
- Ensure appropriate and smooth hand-over of any project funding to the operations for start-up and implementation;
- Maintain and update Donor database regularly;
- Update and maintain electronic Grant information on WV Central site, M Drive among others
- Engagement and networking for L&R potential donors 20%
- Develop and update Engagement and Fundraising business processes within the various functions in the organization;
- Coordinate donor engagement meetings and ensure representation of WVK at all high profile meetings.
- Develop Communication plan in collaboration with communications and Private Public Partnership functions to engage existing and potential donors;
- Profile World Vision Kenya through appropriate representation with Donors , Government , Peer Organizations and other key stakeholders;
- Ensure well-coordinated linkages and liaison with Support offices
- Ensure Donor expectations and SOs are met through a well-coordinated donor promise delivery model;
- Coordinate pre-teaming, teaming process and Agreements
- L&R Sector Donor attraction and retention 20%
- Maintain updated L&R Capacity Statements as per donor interests;
- Actively seek out strategic alliances with donors, NGOs, UN, governments, Support Offices, bilateral and multilateral agencies for purposes of coordination, marketing and fundraising.
- Proactively provide donor updates on existing grants and keep the donor relations on course;
- Ensure good donor and World Vision International Support Office relations by meeting all contractual obligations and achieve high quality planning and implementation levels;
- Ensure new and existing donor exposure to WVK’s impact within communities including round table meetings with leadership.
- Actively network and initiate strategic meetings between donor’s representatives and WVK.
- Coordinate development and review of appropriate sectoral marketing products for key donors
- Ensure Internal & external engagement business processes & communication protocol with Donors are updated and adhered to.
- Develop and roll out specific donor acquisition and retention strategies.
- Coordinate and ensure timely and effective reporting;
- Build Capacity of WVK to enhance Resource Acquisition & Management (RAM): 5%
- Coordinate identification of WVK staff capacity gaps at all levels (NO, Regional & County) in regard to grants acquisition and donor requirements.
- Build capacity of other functional staff for effective donor engagement process;
- Coordinate the development & implementation of NO GAM capacity-building plans.
- Facilitate capacity building on proposal development, donor engagement, WVK Branding and monitoring & reporting based on donor requirements.
- Roll out of GAM initiatives.
- Research, develop & implement new initiatives that make GAM function more efficient and effective;
- Other 5%
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or designee
- Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:-
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a livelihoods related sectors of Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Horticulture, Animal Production or Forestry. A post graduate degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum 6 years relevant experience, 3 in grant acquisition and donor engagement.
- Have broad experience working and fundraising for Food Security, Economic Development, Environment & Climate Change with international Non-Governmental Organizations:
- Strong grant writing skills; ability to develop quality concept notes, proposals, logical frameworks and reports under tight deadlines
- Experience in dealing with bilateral, multi-lateral donors as well as the private sector;
- Self-driven and adherence to timelines (able to deliver within tight timelines).
- Computer skills especially Microsoft word and MS excel, and ability to type over 6o words per minute
- Cross cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity.
- Ability to motivate multi-stakeholder teams and inspire teamwork and to manage donor expectations;
- Ability to work under tight schedules and with highly competing priorities.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good presentation skills
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to World Vision Kenya career website on careers.wvi.org to apply