If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Department/Location: Nairobi, Kenya, with travel to Somalia
Reports To: Chief of Party
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt-level position
IBTCI seeks candidates for a Nairobi-based Deputy Chief of Party (Technical)/Senior Advisor for Analysis, Monitoring & Evaluation (AM&E) to design and oversee: implementation of evaluations, analyses, and assessments. The selected candidate is required to start immediately and will serve until the scheduled end of the project (end-July 2019).
- Ensure quality of all assessments, analytical reports, and evaluations.
- Provide guidance to the USAID/Kenya and East Africa Mission’s Somalia Field Office (USAID/KEA/SFO) in updating the Office PMP to align with the new strategy and create project log frames and M&E Plans for the USAID/KEA/SFO, in compliance with ADS 203.
- Design and manage collection of baseline data on USAID projects in Somalia at the Intermediate Result (IR) and Development Objective (DO) levels.
- Design and implement training of USAID staff in performance management concepts and processes; standardization of partner M&E Plans, work plans, and quarterly reports; and verification of partner data quality, and provide advice to IPs on these same processes, as needed.
- Advise all IPs on the creation of aligned log frames and M&E Plans for their activities.
- Review and revise intermediate results of technical staff in their results frameworks, for more effective implementation and monitoring.
- Review and discuss indicators and reporting with IPs and USAID staff.
- Operationalize indicators by assisting USAID technical staff with definitions, data collection, and data analysis.
- Provide technical assistance, as needed for USAID, IP, and government counterpart staff (to the extent they are involved in USG projects).
- Ensure that quality standards and schedules for the program are met.
- Ensure effective and efficient performance for all aspects of the contract and overseeing all quality control and reporting.
- Interact professionally with senior Mission, Embassy and government officials.
- Travel is essential, and may include travel to fragile and conflict-affected areas. An average of 25% to 35% travel for project implementation and/or project management of business development initiatives. (Percentages may vary depending on portfolio of projects and IBTCI practice needs).
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior experience in a high threat environment.
- Excellent communication, team management, and leadership skills.
- At least 10 years of overseas experience in international development designing and managing evaluations (impact and performance), analyses and assessments, including the design of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols, and data verification techniques.
- At least seven years of demonstrated experience developing performance management plans, monitoring project implementation, and verifying data from large development projects.
- At least seven years of experience recruiting, forming and successfully managing teams, and ensuring the quality of their products.
- Willingness and ability to travel to various project sites in Somalia as needed.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
- Proven ability to create quality reports and presentations required.
Education: Master’s Degree in monitoring & evaluation, democracy and governance, public policy or related field required.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel to Somalia required
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI) career website on hire.withgoogle.com to apply