Department: Brand Marketing and PR
Reports to: Marketing Director
Job Objective: To establish a group content marketing system. To strategically and consistently promote content attract and retain a clearly defined audience – and ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.
The executive will partner with all a wide range of media publisher s and service deliverers to plan and execute the most effective media plan while always keeping in touch with the changing landscape of media and the latest options across all channels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate a content marketing plan with the Kenyan business situation in mind in order to increase ARPU and renewal rate.
- Responsible for the whole content marketing strategy. Will formulate content marketing promotion and cooperate overseas operation to reach operation target.
- Responsible for content marketing for digital TV international channels, self-produced channels, sports channels and other main programs.
- Responsible for formulating team building, work plans and KPI system of the Kenyan content marketing team.
- According to the situation of group and oversea, closely observe and analyze competitors’ content marketing strategies. Develop and creative new content marketing mode base on the group’s situation to increase the income of company.
- According to the whole content marketing strategy, formulate relative or special content activity plan and marketing plan with offline activity.
- Summarize and collect content marketing report.
- Coordinate different media resources, supplier resources and each channel to obtain resources, cooperation channel and content promotion.
- According to the strategy of group content marketing, coordinate each department to do content marketing. Provide effective core content resource and promotion plan
- Provide monthly reports based on an agreed upon format.
- Producing financial and media plans and forecasts.
- Plan out advertising campaigns for the company and ensure originality of the campaign to avoid losses.
- Buy media space or time while keeping in mind the demographic needed by the company’s marketing team.
- Follow up on campaign and make changes if the campaign is not achieving the desired results.
- Should be able to undertake relevant research and also decipher results from surveys that are conducted. Should be able to analyze and interpret data.
- Have good knowledge of latest occurrences and previous occurrences in Media.
- Will work closely with agency accounts to ensure that campaign ideas, strategies and objectives are converted into tangible tasks.
- Should have a good network and contacts with colleagues in similar the field.
- Producing briefs for media buyers
Skills and Competencies:
(a) StarTimes personality:
(b) Professional competence
- Time management
- Goal oriented and self-driven
- Good problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Honest and open minded
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- A high sense of responsibility
(c) Work related capability:
- Excellent oral and writing skills
- Good knowledge of latest technologies.
- Good inter-personal skills and a team player
- Work effectively to support various levels of management
- A keen eye for detail and a critical mind
- Creative and Innovative
- Patience and concentration
- A high level of self-motivation, commitment and dedication
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines;
- Degree in the fields of Journalism, Mass Communication or Marketing
- Strong management and leadership skills with a minimum four years
- Must have at the minimum 3 years minimum experience in the media industry
- Have thorough knowledge of international and local content trends
- Must be an independent thinker with great analytical skills.
- Have a strong command of English and the local language
- Having international working experience in the media/production circle will be an added advantage
- Have strong media and content producer relationships.
- Willing to travel
Salary: A competitive remuneration commensurate with knowledge and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.