If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
World Vision is a humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Purpose of the Position:
To coordinate and ensure the successful implementation of WASH grants activities and interventions that directly contributes to the attainment of child wellbeing aspirations. The incumbent will oversee implementation, documentation of WASH grants projects, mobilize appropriate resources for any new opportunity for a similar grant and undertake capacity building of the project staff
In order to successfully do so, the grant coordinator must be able to effectively communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that serves as an example to others.
- Supervision and timely implementation of WASH grants 40%
- Provide innovative and strategic leadership, effective management and timely administrative support for WASH grants interventions;
- Ensure that business processes, standards and guidelines related to initiatives developed in coordination with NO WASH team are effectively implemented by the relevant APs.
- Ensure that requisite monitoring tools (4D matrices, DIPs, ITTs and Log frames), donor guidelines are adhered to by the relevant ADPs.
- Coordinate in liaison with the National WASH coordinator to effectively support relevant ADP WASH staff to carry out assessments, designs, measurements of construction and in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures
- Review all engineering surveys, assessments, evaluations, studies, designs and terms of reference and bills of quantities from the relevant ADPs
- Collaborate with all line ministries and other relevant departments in providing technical support and assistance related to WASH projects
- Quality Assurance, engagement with partners and provide technical support to staff 30%
- Oversee Implementation of WASH to ensure quality, effectiveness as per the project design and guidelines.
- Ensure that all WASH interventions of these projects meet or exceed planned outcomes and are implemented in full compliance with GOK, WHO, SPHERE and other relevant partnership and international standards and guidelines;
- Collaborate with the NO WASH to provide ADPs with the appropriate technical orientation needed to achieve child wellbeing outcomes;
- Ensure that all staff implementing these projects meet or exceed basic professional requirements and conduct themselves in accordance with WV policies and principals;
- Ensure that all staff implementing these projects are successfully engaging with key internal and external stakeholders, including other WVK entities (F, P&C) as well as Support Office, Community, government, church and other civil society representatives in order to maximize the impact of interventions
- Collaborate with NO WASH team to provide relevant ADPs with the appropriate technical orientation needed to achieve proposed child wellbeing outcomes.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and budget Utilization 20%
- Coordinate in liaison with the NO WASH team to effectively support the relevant ADP WASH and Construction staff to carry out monitoring and evaluation activities in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures;
- Conduct field monitoring visits to ADPs implementing the relevant projects. He/she is also responsible for facilitating visiting delegations/donors
- Provide financial oversight and budget utilization for the projects
- Collaborate with Ministry of Water and Irrigation, Ministry of Public Health and Sanitation and other relevant departments in providing technical support and assistance to the projects
- Capacity building of staff and communities as stipulated in project designs and guidelines as well as promoting relevant advocacy on WASH issues
- Ensure that ADP staff monitor the timely and effective implementation of response plans to all financial and operational audit findings of the projects initiatives, and take the needed measures to prevent such findings from recurring in the future
- In liaison with the regional program enhancement officer and NO WASH team, develop TOR for projects evaluations.
- Preparation of implementation reports, documentation of best practices and fundraising 10%
- Review and consolidated monthly, quarterly, semi- annual, annual, and end of projects reports and ensure that the reports are prepared in a timely manner and in accordance with donors and WV Kenya requirements.
- Ensure that appropriate donor engagement and proposal development activities are successfully carried out as appropriate
- Support timely development of funding proposals in line with donor requirements and WVK standards in collaboration with ADP leadership, NO WASH specialist and grant acquisition Group.
- Document and disseminate best practices on completed initiatives and projects.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with regards to the designing, planning, implementation, supervising and reporting on integrated development with bias in WASH and construction projects;
- Minimum least 2 years’ experience in leadership position
- Must be results orientated leader who can handle a heavy work load as well as manage and satisfy multiple and at times conflicting organizational, donor and other stakeholder demands and;
- Good public relations skills
- Must be a strong team player.
- Must be a committed Christian who is able to stand above denominational and cultural diversity challenges;
- Must be able to provide spiritual leadership within but not limited to chapel and daily devotions;
- Must have outstanding oral and written communications and relationship skills and;
- Must be willing to perform other duties as required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to World Vision Kenya career website on careers.wvi.org to apply