If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
HP+ Kenya and East Africa is looking for an intern to support its work on domestic mobilization at national and county level and capacity building of county team on Program based budgeting. This is a temporary position based in Nairobi, Kenya and reporting to the Economist.
Purpose of Role
- Specifically the intern is expected to support the HP+ Kenya team:
- Collecting and analyzing expenditure data for completion of Public Expenditure Reviews and related briefs
- Preparing capacity building materials including power point presentation and county meeting reports
- Collecting and analyzing information in support of government agenda on Universal Health Care
- Play an active role in county capacity activities and support in documentation of success stories
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Minimum Education and Experience Required
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Bachelor's degree(upper second honors) in economics or statistics from a recognized university
- Preference in health financing policy and governance.
- Ability to work successfully with diverse groups, partners and colleagues and a team player
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and conducting web-based research.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities while meeting deadline
- Strong quantitative skills, including data analysis and statistical interpretation. Experience with statistical software such as Stata is desirable.
- Ability to develop technical data into presentations and/or other multimedia formats.
- Interest in further developing technical skills in areas such as cost analysis, statistics, data analysis, survey methods, qualitative research, modeling and systematic literature review.
- Experience with policy analyses costing and health economics in previous coursework or work experience desired
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium International career website on thepalladiumgroup.com to apply