To perform various administrative tasks and support our HR function. The Human Resource Intern will be a valuable resource by supplementing the existing human and knowledge resources within VSO’s Kenya office/Nairobi Hub and it programs. This is also an opportunity for the intern to exchange and actively learn from other staff members.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor or Masters of Science in Human Resource management
- Current enrolment in a graduate or undergraduate degree programme in Human Resource Management.
- Good level of computer skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-organized with ability to manage time and tight schedules, working effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work on own initiative, with a creative approach to problem solving.
- Strong level of attention to detail.
- Flexibility to adapt to new situations, with a positive attitude to working in an international organization.
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Experience of working with different cultures and backgrounds.
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge