Reporting and evaluation: The Finance Assistant Officer reports to the Chief Accountant. The Chief Accountant evaluates the performance based on achieved results.
Position Summary: The Finance Assistant Officer will be responsible for providing support to the Finance team by Work closely with the Finance team to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters
This is a key role within the Finance Department and the position holder is expected to focus on providing a high level of financial and accounting support across AGF as well as achieving positive outcomes.
- Preparation of Invoices and receipts and posting them in the accounting system
- Preparation of weekly aging receivable reports
- Accrual and receivables reconciliation
- Ensure swift payment of invoices by preparation of payment vouchers – Cheques & Bank Transfers
- Reconciliation of Suppliers accounts
- Posting of invoices into sales and purchase ledgers from source documents
- Preparation of finance board reports
- Assist in the production of weekly financial statements and reports
Petty Cash Management
- Issue of petty cash
- Petty cash reconciliation
- Issuance of Travel advance and reconciliation in accordance with the travel advance policy
- Payments confirmations from suppliers to the bank
- Bank Statement posting and reconciliation
- Updating payments register for cash flow projection
- Work closely with the Finance team to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters
- Plan, organise and manage own workload to ensure your contribution to the company’s monthly financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner
In addition to the above duties, the Finance Assistant Officer may be required to perform other related or unrelated duties based on the company’s needs.
Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Statistics, Science & Economics;
- Certified Public Accountant (K)or ACCA;
- A minimum of Five years (5) Accounting/Finance experience preferably in the financial services sector.
- A master degree in Finance or related field is an added advantage
- Bilingual in French/English is an added advantage
- Strong grounding in IT with good knowledge of accounting systems;
- Analytical mindset;
- Results oriented and highly motivated;
- Good team leadership;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Terms of Offer: The African Guarantee Fund for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (AGF) Group is an equal opportunity employer and offers a regionally competitive salary with an excellent benefits package.
AGF prides itself on its collegial, supportive and gender sensitive working environment and believes that staff diversity promotes excellence. Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.