Specialization: Marketing / PR / Corporate Communications
Reporting to: Global Creative Lead
What you’ll need to have/be:
- Be highly creative and imaginative.
- Have good written and interpersonal skills.
- Work well in a team.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Have an eye for detail.
- Have an interest in commerce, popular culture, and new advertising trends and techniques.
What you’ll be doing;
- Discussing target audiences and core campaign messages.
- Brainstorming visual and copy ideas with other members of the creative team.
- Writing and presenting a few options to business leaders/marketing team.
- Modifying artwork until the team is satisfied.
- Overseeing the production phase.
- Researching and analyzing campaign/communication effectiveness.
Key Responsibilities for the role:
Copywriters deliver the words and verbal content that accompanies visual elements to communication materials. They also work in close partnership with graphic designers & brand managers to create authentic, engaging and compelling messaging. The candidate will be expected to:
- Generate and manage all global communications for Greenlight Planet. The Senior Copywriter will manage communication and content generation on the company's website, corporate brochures and other B2B focused materials.
- Work closely with the Creative Team Lead, core business unit leaders and the company's executive team to manage all of Greenlight's key corporate communications across global and regional platforms.
- Generate content for media-worthy stories, press releases and work with external parties (PR companies, media, journalists, etc.) to increase visibility around Greenlight Planet's work and presence in global and regional media.
- Produce and curate persuasive and accurate content for partner facing communication such as - trainings, local and international press/PR, product launches, workshops & seminars.
- Lead and Manage multiple projects and teams in both Africa and Asian markets, lead internal team presentations and new advertising pitches for local and international markets.
- Research, collate and create and disseminate case studies about Greenlight Planet's global distribution methods, agent and customer profiles for use in B2B pitch materials, channel market training and internal knowledge sharing purposes.
- Work with the Creative Team Lead, Greenlight's Head of Corporate Affairs and key Executive leadership to update and maintain corporate vision, voice and values.
- Work closely with the Social Media Manager on global and regional social media strategy and assist in the process of content generation and market interaction.
- Occasionally apply for relevant global and regional awards and grants.
- Lead generation of communication strategies for product launches and campaigns, generate and proof-read content for consumer facing materials: leaflets, posters, activation campaigns as well as product packaging, and work with global marketing teams to contextualize content for local markets.
The ideal candidate has:
- Extremely strong command of written English and Kiswahili languages with a clearly creative hand and an ability to alternate between clean, professional writing and innovative, vibrant marketing-oriented communication.
- At least 4 years of experience in a senior copywriting role; at least 2 of which should deal with content for a global company or organization and with mass-market consumer products or services.
- An ability to work well with multiple stakeholders, taking input from graphic designers to sales and marketing leaders to senior executives to deliver the right solutions.
- Experience writing for international audiences and strong knowledge of how to alter word choice and communication styles to appeal to a variety of audiences.
- Relationship orientation: this role will require developing strong partnerships both internally and externally (marketing and activation agencies, press, PR, etc.). The ideal candidate is a natural people person, one that elicits trust in others and truly enjoys collaboration.
- A strong spirit of innovation, an inherent ability to think outside the box and apply creativity in a practical way.
- An ability to work autonomously and independently; this person will be expected to take inputs from many stakeholders but ultimately drive the brand’s communication strategy with confidence.
- Be able to prioritize a varied workload and work well under pressure and while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Journalistic as well as advertising agency or campaign creation experience preferred.
Because we are a high-growth global enterprise, and because we prefer to promote successful employees internally, Greenlight Planet offers opportunities for flexible assignments and rapid international career progression as well as a competitive salary and a fun, supportive work environment. Our Creative team, headquartered in Nairobi, is an innovative team, operating in a stimulating working environment where our only measure is in the results we deliver.
Greenlight Planet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/Aids, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law. If you are a committed, passionate professional who wants to become part of a compelling social venture that is redefining energy access in Asia and Africa for the underserved, we want to hear from you.