Nanyuki Cottage Hospital (NCH), in Nanyuki Kenya, is a non-profit private charity, with 50 in-patient beds, an operating theatre, laboratory, radiography department, and pharmacy. Widely recognized as the leading healthcare provider in the region, the hospital offers general out-patient medical services, as well as antiretroviral therapy, family planning, maternity and pediatric services, HIV counseling, dental services, and immunization. The hospital also hosts a frail care facility and sheltered housing.
Terms of Reference
Reporting to the Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Technologist will provideeffective and efficient services to patients by preparing medications; giving Medicine information and monitoring patient medication therapies.
Specifically you will be expected to;
- Assist with computerized inventory control under the supervision of the pharmacist to ensure the continuity of medication supply. This includes the processing of inventory orders and timely completion of relevant paperwork.
- Processing of prescriptions / orders for both inpatients and outpatients in accordance with laid down procedures.
- Take patient medicine histories and provide advice on the dosage of medicines and the most appropriate dosage form.
- Check prescriptions to make sure there are no errors and that they're appropriate and safe for the individual patient;
- Provide medicine information and offer medication advice to both patients and healthcare staff
- Adheres to internal controls established for the department.
Qualifications, Skills & Essential Experience:
- Completed a diploma in Pharmacy from an accredited academic institution.
- Registered with Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a busy Hospital facility.
- Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management maintaining a high level of accuracy and detail and works well with limited supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively contributing to a collegial team environment;
- Proficiency with general Microsoft Office applications and familiarity with hospital software.
Method of Application
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application quoting your -expected remuneration and CV to:
The Human Resources Officer
Nanyuki Cottage Hospital
P.O. Box 95-10400- Nanyuki
OR email email@example.com. To be received not later than -15th July 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.