- We do not charge candidates for recruitment and we dissociate ourselves from any entity defrauding candidates. If you need any clarification, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Procurement Assistant at Virtual HR
Posted on: 11 July, 2018
Deadline: 16 July, 2018
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Virtual HR
Virtual HR - Our client is an integrated ICT solutions provider retaining a top position in Top 100 mid-size companies listing in Kenya
They are seeking to recruit a highly talented professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
This position will be responsible for sourcing and purchasing goods and services for the organization, management and stock management through optimizing inventory level of stores and logistics coordination.
- Ensuring stock count is done on the last day of each month and stocks figures entered in the ERP system on time.
- Ensuring proper inventory control procedures.
- Monitoring stock movement.
- Carrying out regular stock analysis to mitigate stock outs.
- Overseeing daily IT sales reports and accessories from the branches.
- Updating the Master File
- Preparing weekly stock reports.
- Overseeing aging stocks and expiries, stock rotations and warranty follow ups
Purchasing & Supplies Management:
- Ensuring all purchases are according to the organizations policy
- Ensuring that all suppliers and internal requests are handled courteously and in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that Purchase Cycle documents are done the same day of purchase.
- Negotiating on prices and payment terms with suppliers.
- Ensuring quality products and services are sourced and supplied at the best prices.
- Liaising with freight forwarders and coordinate clearance of imports for all the projects currently on progress
- Ensuring that all imports documentation are received and costing is done for each consignment
- Preparing monthly stock reports
- Ensuring product and branch profitability report is done bi-monthly.
- Maintaining an effective logistics schedule
- Managing the logistics team i.e. drivers and riders
- Ensuring that company interests are taken care off by effectively taking care of the company’s assets.
- Ensuring safety of goods and people being transported to and from the office.
- Ensuring goods ordered are collected on time and deliveries are done to the client on time
- Degree in business, procurement or related field
- Professional Course in Procurement
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role preferably in an ICT firm
- Good negotiation skills
- Result oriented and excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal support
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on time
- Attention to detail – achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task
- Customer focus – recognize both internal and external customer’s needs and balances available resources and skills to strive to exceed them.
- Problem solving skills – be able to break down problems into their essential elements, stay focused on the issue, formulate and assess alternatives
Method of Application
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com by 16th July 2018 stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Virtual HRSimilar Jobs
- Senior Analyst - Business Analytics at MODE - Mobile Decisioning Holdings Ltd
- Sales and Marketing Manager at Agile Business Solutions Limited
- Regional Business Development Manager at Information Technologies Solutions & Services (ITSS)
- Web Developers at Techno Brain
- Brand Ambassadors at Emphy
- Commission Sales Personnel at Kavenacc Digital Solutions
- Project Implementation Manager at Mastercard
- Job Openings at CloudFactory