If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
ChildFund International is a global child-focused development and protection agency and a founding member of the ChildFund Alliance. Since 1938, ChildFund has worked to help children break the generational cycle of poverty and achieve their full potential. We align what we learn from children with best practices in the international development field to develop and deliver programs that are supported by the generosity of sponsors and donors.
Overall Objectives of the position:
Facilitate successful implementation of a grant funded WASH project in Mukuru, Kasarani and Njiru informal settlements within Nairobi County and contribute to the wellbeing of children through promotion of Safe and healthy Environment for Children to grow in.
General Description of the Role:
- The Project Officer will be responsible for the grant activities; mobilize communities and leaders in the implementation and coordination of stakeholders to deliver Nairobi WASH Project. The project officer will assist to develop and maintain good relationships with the project participants, LP teams, relevant Government Departments at the National and County level to deliver on his /her mandate.
- Reporting to the Program Manager Nairobi and Metropolitan, the WASH Project Officer will be based at MCO office in Mukuru and will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the project activities are implemented according to the Project Design as provided in the proposal
- Mobilizing community support, including participation in the planned WASH activities and ensure buy in of the project for successful implementation of the project.
- Participate in the WASH coordination mechanisms including, steering committees and working groups that coordinate and guide the WATSAN sector response plans, operations and related activities within Nairobi.
- Managing the assigned WASH project to meet the project objectives within budget and allotted time frame.
- Providing strong leadership of the assigned WASH project and ensure both short and long-term positive impacts and outcomes for the beneficiaries and Metropolitan ChildCare Organization (MCO).
- Supporting the application/implementation and adherence to existing policies, WASH strategies and set standards by donor and Government.
- Assisting in documenting lessons learnt/good practices and other relevant reports for better WASH programming.
- Regularly review project status, comparing budgeted to actual expenditure
- Ensuring accurate and timely progress reports according to ChildFund Kenya and Korea timeframes and formats.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting on issues/factors that can affect the smooth implementation of the project and share in a timely manner with the supervisor and stakeholders.
- Preparing requests for activity implementation and payments.
- Facilitating routine data collection to track beneficiaries of the WASH project.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in the Social Sciences or public health
- At least three (3) years’ experience in the management of community projects and preferably working with local partners.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, develop, plan and manage projects/mass events as well as transfer information and skills.
- Proven organizational, analytical, negotiating, communication (oral and written) and training skills
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and cross-cultural communications skills.
- Ability to prioritize, focus and deliver quality results within deadlines while meeting conflicting work demands and targets; working with or without teams with minimum supervision.
- Experience in developing systems to capture and measure the impact of WASH activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with donor, project stakeholders, County collaborators and staff at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision to meet strict deadlines
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Child Fund International career website on childfund-hr.silkroad.com to apply