Sage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people, and payroll software, we empower the world’s business heroes—from single-person start-ups to large enterprises. Our people are passionate and positive. We inspire our colleagues to serve business builders everywhere and champion their success. As a FTSE 100 company with 13,000 colleagues across 23 countries, we do business the right way, while giving back to our local communities through the Sage
Foundation. Be Sage, build on.
Job purpose: The role is intended Developing technical solutions to business problems, or to advance a company's sales efforts, begins with defining, analysing and documenting requirements. The role’s primary objective is in helping prospective customers conceptualise solutions to business challenges. The process entails analysing and recording challenges, conceptualizing solutions based on the Sage suite of solutions and presenting the proposed solutions back to customer stakeholders. The role will entail travelling to customers throughout Africa and ME.
- Key accountabilities and decision ownership: (8 or 10 max)
- To attend meetings with potential Clients to determine technical and business requirements and ensuring that all necessary information is collated prior to producing a solution
- Conceptualize and build solutions within Sage X3 and supporting software to address customers’ requirements
- Provide technical solutions in a professional manner and to agreed timeframes
- Create and confidently deliver technical presentations internally and externally
- Deliver training on solutions and provide product support to channel partners and internal stakeholders
- Create internal design configuration documentation including network diagrams, technical explanations and PowerPoint presentations
- Work with Product Management and R&D to feedback on issues with current products and provide input around new products
- Builds productive relationships internally and externally, fostering teamwork by keeping colleagues updated on activities
- Coach and mentor Pre-Sales Consultants (AME) as well as Business Partners’ technical resources.
- Provide expert level of support/escalation to Pre-Sales consultants (AME and Business Partners.
- Perform technical development for bespoke solutions as part of a design and development frame work.
- Research and present best practices and produce white papers from a pre-sales perspective.
- Able to understand business drivers and risks involved to the customer and to Sage
- Sell technical solutions to the customer with professionalism and enthusiasm
- Provide accurate and timely management information, to include - activity reports, bid reviews, project forecasts, KPI’s
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality and Business Processes
Skills, know-how and experience:
- Must have: (5 or 6 Max)
- Degree or equivalent qualification (Financial or IT related)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a customer facing sales or pre-sales role selling software.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong presentation/demo skills
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders and deadlines
- Strong project management capability
- Must know how to handle confidential information and be discreet
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience in presenting to C-level executives
- Prepared to travel globally
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Sage career website on sagehr.secure.force.com to apply